• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

How does it typically work out for people who carpool to Bowling Green and need to go to separate courses for tourney play?
This is my first time going. I am going to play AM 2 and a buddy of mine might go is considering playing AM 3 but is concerned about playing different courses.

How does it typically work out for people who carpool to Bowling Green and need to go to separate courses for tourney play?
This is my first time going. I am going to play AM 2 and a buddy of mine might go is considering playing AM 3 but is concerned about playing different courses.

There is plenty of time to get around. You will probably meet somebody in your pool or first card that you can get a ride around with anyway. Don't worry about being in different pools.

There is plenty of time to get around. You will probably meet somebody in your pool or first card that you can get a ride around with anyway. Don't worry about being in different pools.

Thanks. I need to book a hotel soon. Looking forward to all of it:)

Where is everyone staying? I think I want to book a hotel that has a mini fridge in room and offers a continental/free breakfast in the morning.

The Super 8 on the north side of town had mini fridges and a free breakfast, they were one of the more reasonable places when I went a couple years ago.

Hole Sponsor: Sam Wheeling

Thank you Sam Wheeling of Lexington KY for sponsoring a hole! You will get the two tees signs put up at Lovers Lane and Kereiakes Park for the week!

Filling fast!

Up to 480, 160 spots available. 160 players registered in the last 7 days!

Note to Pools - Advanced Men (A/B), Intermediate Men (E/F), and Recreational Men (G/H) pools currently capped at 145, and women in each of these divisions are capped at 15.

C Pool: Advanced Master - capped at 60 and Advanced Sr. GM capped at 20

D Pool: Advanced GM capped at 69, Legends capped at 4, Mast. Women capped at 5, and GM Women capped at 2.

I will make minor adjustments with in the pools as they fill up to keep some openings in each divisions.

BUT: if your division is full, you can always get on the wait list. It will cost $5, but some one might drop and then you would be on the list!

Registration update

Up to 525, 115 spots available. 45 players registered in the last 24 hours!

Note to Pools - Advanced Men (A/B), Intermediate Men (E/F), and Recreational Men (G/H) pools currently capped at 145, and women in each of these divisions are capped at 15.

RECRETIONAL MEN WAIT LIST STARTED

C Pool: Advanced Master - capped at 60 and Advanced Sr. GM capped at 20

D Pool: Advanced GM capped at 72, Legends DROPPED, Mast. Women capped at 8, and GM Women DROPPED.

DROPPED the divisions for Advanced legends and GM women - as no one had registered.

BUT: if your division is full, you can always get on the wait list. It will cost $5, but some one might drop and then you would be on the list!

Last edited:
ALMOST FULL!

spots open as of Monday am 2/10: Advanced men (limit of 148), Advanced Women (limit of 12), Intermediate Women (limit of 10), Rec woman (limit of 15), Advanced Gm (limit of 75) Master Women (limit of 5)

Wait list open for all divisions . . . .

Mellow Mushroom weekly winner #9

Congratulations to Travis Walker! week 9 Mellow Mushroom winner!

Pick your certificate up at registration.

(one week left for drawings of the 10 $25 certificates)

Looks like the event is about to sell out in the next few hours if not minutes. Only 9 spots left.

WAIT LIST NOTES

Players on the wait list will be "invited to join" as openings in the division they are waiting for become open. For instance, today one GM had to drop due to work matters, so the first one down the list for GM was invited and has taken that spot.

Bribes are appreciated, sad stories will be tolerated, but I will go by the list to be fair to all players.

Likely drops come a few a week, and then after the March ratings update I will move all players to their required divisions (bumping up only) which likely will open a few more spots.

DGA MACH X basket for winner of Hobson Challange

DGA and Bluegrass Disc Golf are proud to join forces at the oldest course in Bowling Green, Hobson Grove, for a ratings based event with the winner receiving a new MACH X basket. The newest basket with the best catching chains from DGA - one great prize. Second place will get a MACH lite, and third place will get a mini basket.

Hobson Grove Disc Golf Course and DGA have had a long relationship, starting with the law suite notice by Ed Hendrick due to our home made baskets' patent infringement, but a gentleman's agreement between Ed and I worked out buying three MACH 1 targets a year for 6 years - allowing the course to keep in play!

http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/HobsonGrove.html has the details on score vs. ratings charted for this pre BG AMs event.

Your $10 fee will get you a custom pro line Torrent - DGA's upcoming high speed over stable driver! Disc for the first 100 players to sign up!
click here to pre-register: http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/1193 to be sure you get the first release of this great disc!

Latest posts