• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best 5 Discs

Paulie

Birdie Member
Not in this or that brand or mold or weight. Not for this or that throwing style or player or situation. Just the best 5 discs. I'm sure it's a can o worms question with a million it depends and its come up before.

Call it your favorite 5 if you like.

:popcorn: :p

Dart
Star Mako
DX Leopard
Star TL
DX Valkrie

But i'm new to the sport, so i like control/mids alot. For me, 250 ft. straight beats 325 ft crooked any day.

This is a great thread idea...

My current favorite five:

1. Buzzz
2. Reaper
3. Aviar P&A
4. Wraith
5. Beast

I will often use a different putter, Wizard or Warlock, Rhyno maybe (because of flexibility or weather), but I always go back to one of my first discs...the Aviar. The Sidewinder is sort of a "5.a." for me because of its versatility. If I mold down then the Sidewinder would likely be in the bag instead of the Beast.

There have been times that I would use some other molds; then the Wraith or Beast would get supplanted, but I always end up putting them back in the bag. The Valkryrie was in the top 5 but has fallen all the way out of the bag right now. It may be because my disc is broken in such a way that it flies differently. I should try a new disc.

Latest posts