• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best 5 Discs

Not in this or that brand or mold or weight. Not for this or that throwing style or player or situation. Just the best 5 discs. I'm sure it's a can o worms question with a million it depends and its come up before.

Call it your favorite 5 if you like.

:popcorn: :p

I think you asked two completely different questions there.

The five best for any player, situation, throwing style might include:

Roc
Buzzz
Aviar
Wizard
Leopard

Little Oz: But i'm new to the sport, so i like control/mids alot. For me, 250 ft. straight beats 325 ft crooked any day.

That's where I am now. Lovin' my Leopard and not surprised to see it listed so many times already. People really dig that disc.

I see Orc. Got one and like it.
Wraith. Had one and liked it til it flew into a pond. Wraith Y U no land on land?
My wife has a Valk. I haven't thrown it much.

Innova lists the Leopard and Valk as highly recommended for noobs. They have the Orc and Wraith checked in the straight column on their selection chart.

Buzzz
Buzzz SS
Avenger SS
Stalker
Challenger

Buzzz
Nuke
Ion
Leopard
Destroyer

I feel like I could play a whole round with just these discs, but different plastics/stages etc. if I had to limit my bag to 5 molds, but unlimited discs, these are the molds, easy.