• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Black Diamond Classic @ Emery Park PDGA C Tier

Chadams

Hello everyone. My name is Chad Adams and I am inviting you all to come and check out the Black Diamond Classic a PDGA "C" Tier event, which takes place May 22nd and 23rd. Both days are at The Black Diamond Disc Golf Course at Emery Park in South Wales NY. The course is located about 20 minutes south of Buffalo. For those of you that haven't been to this course, trust me it will be worth the drive. I think of this course as more of a disc golf adventure than a disc golf round. It challenges the best of players. Par is set at 70 and from the gold tees I only know of one round at par. I have been told by people who have played it that this is a course full of signature holes.

Come and check it out!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3037

You can contact me with any questions at (716)465-6305 or [email protected]

Flyer http://bit.ly/BDCFlyer
Online Reg: http://bit.ly/BDCregEXCEL
Reg via mail: http://bit.ly/BDCregDOC

It will have a great players pack. All players will receive a disc, a mini, a towel, and a sticker, all custom printed with the tournament logo. All the discs are special run discs that will make your mouth water. Trust me you will not be disappointed!

The schedule for each morning is as follows, registration is from 7- 8:15 am with a players meeting at 8:30 and a tee off at 9. These times will be prompt so please be timely as to not miss the opportunity to play. Saturday we will play all of round one, break for lunch, and then play the first half of round 2. This second round will be played with the baskets for hole one and hole 15 in their alternate locations.

On Sunday morning I am proud to announce the following addition to the list of activities. After registration closes Sunday morning we will be going to the main baseball diamond near hole 8 and we will be having a longest drive competition. Each player will have the opportunity to throw two drives from home plate and the top three drives in each division will receive a prize. You may throw your drive any style you wish, for examples, back hand, forehand, roller, or thumber. Come and see who will win the title of the BDC Longest Drive Champion! What will they set the mark at???

At the end of this competition we will finish the second round from the day before. We will then break for lunch. After lunch we will have a final 18 holes, then bring it in for payout.

The following are the tee assignments per division:

Open Men: Gold- Blue- Gold
Open Women: Blue- White- Blue
Advanced Men: Blue- White- Blue
Advanced Women: White- Red- White
Intermediate Men: White- Red- White
Intermediate Women: Red- Red- Red

I also have some side activities that will be taking place to make the weekend even more fun. I will explain those things later though!

I hope to see some of you out there!

Here are some links for you guys to some local lodging options.

This awesome campground is only 12.2 miles from the course and is really cheap. Last time I stayed there I believe it was less than $15 a night. They have both tent and RV hookups.

http://www.erie.gov/parks/sprague.asp

Map from course to camping area

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Emery+Rd&daddr=9674+Foote+Rd

Then here are some close hotel/motel options

closest but a little pricey, they are 5 minutes from the course.

Hampton Inn East Aurora
www.hampton.com - (716) 655-3300

or
Roycroft Inn
www.roycroftinn.com - (716) 652-5552

These are like a 20 minute drive from the course and they are actuallly right near my house. Fairy economical

Red Carpet Inn
3940 Southwestern Boulevard, Orchard Park, NY - (716) 649-5890

Red Roof Inn-Buffalo-Hamburg
5370 Camp Road, Hamburg, NY - (716) 648-7222

Quality Inn
5440 Camp Road, Hamburg, NY - (716) 649-0500

Comfort Inn & Suites
3615 Commerce Place, Hamburg, NY - (716) 648-2922

Tallyho-Tel
5245 Camp Road, Hamburg, NY - (716) 648-2000

Oh crap! I wish I would have seen this earlier! I wonder if I can talk the GF into this one...

If it was a single day event I'd be all over it...

\/\/

Okay, I'm in. So is DiscJon and 3 of his friends from NYC.

I'll be playing Intermediate Men and getting my butt handed to me, but that's okay.

\/\/

It's just a little laminated tag that says DGCR Travel Tag and has a number on it.

The idea is that I have one, I meet you out playing, you have one, we trade, and the numbers move across the country in fun ways.

Either way, we should certainly meet up at some point this weekend!

I'm pretty easy to notice. Fat bald guy with a goatee.

\/\/

Bagging? I've been playing 6 months.

(that discjon? He's a bagger...) Or at least his brother will be if he tries playing Intermediate this year...DO YOU HEAR THAT JEFF!?

I'll be wearing either a Keuka Storm dark green under armor shirt or a DD shirt..

\/\/

Haha nah I wasn't serious anyway. Just messin. I don't even know you guys haha

Well that could and should change, this weekend.

Jon and I are always playing, and it's my mission to play all of the Niagara Region courses this summer, so I'll be up your way sometimes. And I'll be damned if I can't say that there are a few Rochester courses worth traveling down to!

\/\/

Hahaha, yes Jeffrie should play up in AM1. I was supposed to be playing Open this time around, but when you don't throw a disc once in 6 months, that tends to hinder progress. =P

So how many guys you coming with and what divisions are you guys playin? Well I know will is playing in ams but how bout you Jon?

I'll probably play Advanced. I was really trying to play Open by this summer, but I played less than 15 rounds of golf during this year of college, and got virtually zero practice time in. Sucks, but it happens. =/

And I'm bringing 3 friends from school with, one of which plays Advanced (AM1) and two who play Intermediate (AM2)

Will, is your dad coming?

Can't wait i love the course. Most challenging one in WNY I'd say. One more day of work then a weekend of tossin.

My dad had apparently promised my mother a few weeks ago that he'd help her brother move this Saturday, so he can't make it.

From what I hear I'd say it probably IS the most challenging course in WNY, but I think it won't be my worst because it incorporates elements that I love like woods and elevation instead of Baker which has its prettiest hole as #1...and then just gets longer and flatter the rest of the way.

I really do like Baker though, it's just that by the time we're leaving all I can remember are the last 8 holes, most of which are just too much in a row for noobs. But when I sit and think about it...the first like 6 are some of my favorites, and hole 9 is the neatest stereotypical anny hole ever.

It should be a REAL blast.

\/\/

Latest posts