• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Blowfly

Glide on the blowfly is exceptional....during the SC disc championships, we have what is called MTA, for max. time aloft. You throw it into the air, let it glide, then try and catch it one handed. A lot of guys throw fastbacks, but since it is harder plastic, it's sometimes hard to catch. I used the blowfly as the disc, and got just shy of 8 seconds with it. If you can catch the wind just right you can get great glide with it. I may end up getting a blowfly II just to use for this...150 weight would be much better than my 172.

DGA:
Blowfly™
Putt and Approach Disc
Signature Line

One of the top ten disc in the industry. The Blowfly™ is both an excellent putt and approach disc and is made from "Steady" Ed's secret formula. This disc will wrap its way around the chains and floats as well. Made from the Blunt™ disc mold.

Just bought a DGA Blowfly today. $15 ( :eek: I usually buy Innova DX) 169g and ridiculously soft and floppy. It has deep old school record like grooves on the thumb track, to use an Innova term. You know that really soft Vibram? This is softer, compared to the ones I was molesting at the sale table. I've never thrown a Vibram.

It does feel weird, being used to an Innova DX Birdie like I am. After 20 minutes of putting, me think me likes it. It flies well using a spin putt and flicked pretty good too. I'll play with it more and report back.

Not sure why I stopped using the blowfly, but when I did it was a great putt and approach disc. I would flip that thing flat and it would fly straight, just like it says. I would hold it as tight as I could and rip a hyzer and a blue laser beam would shoot out of my hand to about 225'.

I got one about a month ago. I am normally a birdie putter also. But i keep this in my bag now. I really liked it at first but have started to not care for it as much, I've noticed it's a bit too grippy and I'm missing right a bunch. I do however love it for p & a on hills as it has a tendency to stick wherever it lands.

Ohh and I made about a 50 footer with it today, and was really happy with that.

The Gumbputt was the first brand new disc I owned---its got to be 6-7 years old now. Until recently I used it for all putts, and any approaches less than 120'. Nowadays I'm short putting with a RP Rhyno and approaching with a RP Dart, but the Blunt is still with me for some shots, like a 50'-70' hyzer around trees, hi-angled, 'cause it will stop dead when it hits. It also grips the chains and rotates into them---it won't skip off like harder plastic. Despite its 173 gms., it also like to air float due to its lighter density. And yes, I played catch and ultimate for decades before DG.