• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Business Aspect

Hey! Just trying to utilize any resource I can. Can someone with more experience than I (being a college studetn working on a business project) have a good answer to "Who is the target market for Frisbee and Disc Retailers?"

Hey! Just trying to utilize any resource I can. Can someone with more experience than I (being a college studetn working on a business project) have a good answer to "Who is the target market for Frisbee and Disc Retailers?"

I had a dg-only pro shop for a while and ran several tournaments. My 'target' audience was new players. The advanced and pro players already knew what discs worked for them and always had plenty of discs. Sometimes you could get them to try a new manufacturer or new mold that generated lots of chatter, but the focus was on beginners and newbies.

I wanted to make sure they:

1. had a beginner-freindly disc; frustrated players don't play again
2. had something easy to replace; new players lose discs at a MUCH higher rate
3. had 2 base plastic discs instead of one premium disc, even though my margin was better on the premium plastic - if they liked the DX leopard I sold them last week, they'll come back and get the champ one next week

I don't mean to imply that I am asking for someone else to my homework, I am doing a project over the Disc Store while everyone else would typically do a Fortune 500 company ergo, the questions are more centered on companies with a plethora of information on the internet. The Disc Store is not as well established as of late. It is very difficult to answer some of the more probing questions. I posted on here in hopes of gaining some more information along with information that i am trying to find through my own research.

Ours is a small retail store.

Our target audience is the newly- and heavily-addicted. Though we help beginners, it's the next step---the people who try disc golf and start playing 6 days a week, and really want to try new discs. And on up through the "serious casual" players---the folks who play a lot, but mostly with their band of friends.

Tournament players tend to get their discs at tournaments, though we also cater to them with the new and unusual makes.

People that love to throw frisbees and discs. :doh: C'mon...the demographic is huge and knows no sex, age, boundaries at all. Now if you were asking about the pros or weekend mini warriors, that's a different demographic in my opinion.

People that love to throw frisbees and discs. :doh: C'mon...the demographic is huge and knows no sex, age, boundaries at all. Now if you were asking about the pros or weekend mini warriors, that's a different demographic in my opinion.

Those interested in Frisbee sports and disc golf.
If you are truly looking for information for a research paper, I might suggest some pointed questions. The thought process behind looking for information and answers, is the reason for the assignment.