• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Daredevil Thread

Doesn't Daredevel make a lid that has the rounded corner like the Putt'er but in better plastic, a non soft/flexible plastic? If so then I might try one.

The flaw of the Putt'er in flight was my disc did a mini concave after 30 putts/hits on a practice basket and after 75 full hits on a course when putting the disc was firmly stuck at the mini concave level The one other player who used a Putt'r (after moving on from using E.D.G.E lightweight under 150 gram Pole Cats) those in Soft X did the same thing as mine, she loved the disc broken in for putting because of the glide getting moved to a 0.5 when broken in or possibly less was ideal for her spin snap as only thing generating moment type of putting style. It was like seeing a person tying to play catch with a cheep lightweight toy disc using only spin to get the disc to not turn over yet still get to the catcher. I did gift her my old Putt'r as by that time I had found the Magnet, the disc closest to a Lid in terms of how it glides in the air.

The only Daredevil putter I'm familiar with is the woodchuck. Looks like the one you might be referencing is the beaver? I'm not familiar with the putt'r, but I used to throw rattlers, and I thought they were supposed to be similar in feel and flight. If that's the case, according to inbounds, the beaver looks close to the rattler. I can say that the flex performance plastic is nice. That's what my timberwolves are made out of.

Daredevil only makes one putter and its a beadless aviar clone in multiple plastics.

Daredevil only makes one putter and its a beadless aviar clone in multiple plastics.

I think they have two different molds, Polar Bear and Bighorn are both made in GP plastic, the Polar Bear has a lower profile.

I think they have two different molds, Polar Bear and Bighorn are both made in GP plastic, the Polar Bear has a lower profile.

They are the same mold, two different blends of grip performance. The polar bear is softer and the bighorn firmer. It's really annoying that they give different names to the same mold in different plastics.

All 3 of those discs have different flight numbers so perhaps it's valid to have different names?

That's a valid point, but IMO things like a Star vs Champ Firebird should have different numbers but they don't. So I guess it's preference by company. I think it holds some people back from embracing Daredevil, they made a good product and their market penetration is low.

I used to have a Sasquatch and that was one of the funkiest discs I've ever thrown. That's a weird concept to name the same mold different names in different plastics. Does any other company do this?

I used to have a Sasquatch and that was one of the funkiest discs I've ever thrown. That's a weird concept to name the same mold different names in different plastics. Does any other company do this?

Discmania kind of does.

Really? I don't throw much discmania at all, but that seems odd. Especially with Innova making their discs.

My daughter got me a Pteranodon for father's day, she said she couldn't find any reviews on the Internet of it and any threads where anyone had claimed to have thrown one, so she decided it was the perfect gift for a guy with a basement full of golf discs.

I know nothing about it, but is has the Shark/Hawk wing design. It's not like either of them, though. It's not nearly as HSS as a Shark. It's not as fast as a Hawk; it has a similar HSS early in the flight but the Hawk has a dumpy hard fade. The Pteranodon has more glide and a lot less fade.

Once you get into these high speed understable/low fade discs, they are generally touch discs so your results depend on your throw and reviews are kinda useless. Stable to overstable discs are a lot more predictable and easier to give a review of that likely will actually tell you how the disc will fly; touch discs end up being all over the place.

For me the Pteranodon falls someplace between a Comet and a Stingray in flight; it's workable and has the kind of glide I like in a golf disc. I liked it and I'll probably keep it in the bag for a bit and see if it fits in anywhere with the Comets/beat Rocs I'm already using for those shots. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks Three Putt! I was curious about this disc... what is the plastic like? DX-ish? Is it the same as their Big Horn, if you know that disc?

I bag Daredevil putters and love the Comet. Definitely interest in this one.

Thanks Three Putt! I was curious about this disc... what is the plastic like? DX-ish? Is it the same as their Big Horn, if you know that disc?

It's a Star-ish plastic. I whacked first available last night with a pretty good pull and it held up fine.

The bighorn and the pteranodon are both grip performance plastic, as is the swift fox, which is the only GP disc I have. The swift fox feels like a cross between star and big z for me. Definitely wears faster than star.

Thanks for reviewing the pteranodon, I actually was hoping someone would do it :)

Anyone throwing (or just test out) the Sasquatch? Supposed to have some serious understability which might be interesting for those high anny turn overs or rollers. Or..might come in handy for us older players. lol... Thx.

https://daredevildiscs.com/our-products/sasquatch/

I have a sasquatch. It's an odd disc and I can't get the flight line as advertised. It flies a lot like my thrasher but feels more a bit like a nuke in hand. The rim is uncomfortable to me; it's beaded with a concave curvature that just feels off. If you throw it with slight anny, it holds a decent line like a thrasher, but it comes back just as much. Definitely not the extreme turn monster the graph would indicate

I used to have a Sasquatch. Very strange disc, I didn't care for it.

Latest posts