• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The definitive best color of a disc is...

kcplease

Double Eagle Member
Yellow or green. In physics class, our teacher was talking about which colors our minds have been conditioned to percieve better just due to the light of our natural enviornment, and as it turns out, yellow and green are the light frequencies emitted most by the sun.

Mind blow.

So, if anyone has green discs in my wants, please, feel free to unload them unto me... :D

I used to always say pink, but I've been taking a liking to Discrafts day glo green lately.

I have a yellow roadrunner and it takes me forever to find... too close in color to the grass around here. I like bright orange and white for standing out against the grass, but I will take the new Vibram colors over anything else for shear looks.

Specifically at dusk, our eyes perceive colors at different strengths than others. I don't remember the textbook term for it, but I call it the twilight glow. As dusk, leaves of trees and grass appear brighter than other colors like blue and red. Because of the wavelength of light emitted by the sun at this time, green (and to a lesser extent yellow) appear brighter than other colors at the same time.

green is tougher to see against the grass in full daylight. I use yellow, orange during daylight. nightime, I have some green and yellow/green to throw. Midranges and putters are frequently white. It's classy

Yellow or green. In physics class, our teacher was talking about which colors our minds have been conditioned to percieve better just due to the light of our natural enviornment, and as it turns out, yellow and green are the light frequencies emitted most by the sun.

Mind blow.

So, if anyone has green discs in my wants, please, feel free to unload them unto me... :D

picture.php

From a scientific standpoint, green and yellow are the easiest colors for us to catch. Just wanted the throw that out there. I personally like the pink and green the best.

Pink is the best! I bought a light blue pain the other day and quickly discovered that when hyzering it over some trees you totally lose sight of it against a blue sky.

I seem to end up with day-glo green, orange and red. They're easy to find when I have to go tromping through the weeds to look for 'em.

i prefer pearly/reflective if its not clear or white so i can dye it whatever color i want.

Latest posts