• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The definitive best color of a disc is...

This color is best

2mocug1.jpg

I like to throw blue/greenish colors, so that when they land in the water I can spot them easily too.

I'm hearing a lot of love for pink, so I'm gonna go a different way. I vote fuchsia. =)

White is my favorite -- IMO, it shows up the best on the grass and in the dark water we have around my course. :rolleyes: Second choice would be pink or orange. Funny thing is, is seems all my discs are either dark blue, green, or yellow. :D

Garret

For ESP, The Coral color, which is a mixture of bright red and orange is great.
In Z plastic, the Watermelon color is very bright and fluorescent looking red/orange. Brighter reds standout in any season or time of the day. If you play at night, most LED bobber lights are red, so using a bright red Z disc is ideal.

Baby blue is always a good color, but bad in the winter.

Blues-bad in snow

Oranges-bad in the fall

Yellows/greens- most are tough to see, but as others have stated, the neon
greens and yellow standout pretty good.

Whites- always look like a piece of loose paper/paper plate

Blacks- You got balls...putters are cool, but all other types of discs, good luck:thmbdown:

Greys/purples/browns/almost any tye dyes, and any darker shade of color....bad ideas:thmbdown:

Definitely Blue. Red, yellow, and orange blend too much in the fall, with black blending with anything and white being no good in the winter. A very lurid green works as long as it's not too natural looking

Pink is the best. White is just as good unless there is snow. Green and yellow are the worst if there are any trees or leaves at all.

I perfer white, orange, blue, and bright pink. The only colors I don't throw are green and red because I'm red/green colorblind. I have a hell of a time seeing red discs in green grass unless I'm right on top of it.

My bag consists of discs in every color. It doesnt really matter to me, due to the fact that Ive pretty much lost a disc of every color. When Im purchasing a disc I favor more for weight than color, well as long as its not clear. Clear = dumb unless you plan on dyeing it.

That thing would be a pain in the ass to search for in the woods.

That thing would be a pain in the ass to search for in my bag! I will never buy a tye dyed disc again.

I am partial to the day-glo yellow. At dusk, when you're just trying to finish the round, the thing is like a beacon. I imagine it will be a bit trickier in the fall, but that disc is bright. I wish they made all discs available in it.

Last edited:
My only problem with bright yellow is when you get to a spot with patchy sunlight on grass. I find those bright yellow discs difficult to find in those situations. There has been several times where I've found my disc by actually stepping on it rather than seeing it.

I like white plastic. Expecially in like champ or z plastic, glow champ.

It is not an issue of color. It is an issue of contrast. The eye isn't drawn to a specific color, but the contrast between shades. This is why when you look at a page of text, your eyes immediately go to the blank white space.

since the environment can change from course to course or even day to day on the same course, colors that are in contrast to nature itself would be the easiest to see, except in extreme daylight conditions.(If the day is especially bright, a dark disc would be easier to find.)

Latest posts