• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The disc of the Millenium?

Millennium Discs are like a mystery to me. I don't really know too much about them, they intrigue me, and I want to find out more :popcorn:

they fly under the radar but are very solid

the ones to consider are:

QMS: neutral mid
JLS and QJLS: previously described in this thread, good fairway driver, the different plastics allow you to achieve different lines (Q being quite a bit more stable)

and the QOLF: capable of flying far even though "only" a spd 10, capable of shaping

IMO the EXP1 is a fantastic OS fairway driver
but really the ones you want for that are the 1.6 and 1.7 runs...but those are mine so stay away

the QMS, JLS, and EXP are all available in CE or CE Blend plastic

I am loving my solf as a stable compliment to my saints. I also toss a 150 qolf that is still nice and stable and sneaky long on a lazy smooth throw. Very underrated for sure. I would put the olf up there with the pd but it gets no love

I may be wrong but thought the OLF and PD shared the same wing (i.e. FB)
you could be right, but the olf was more comfortable for me as it seemed to have a slightly narrower rim for my girly hands. I didnt spend too much time with the pd though.

Some questions I have after looking at MST's flight guide:
1. The MS, Which is described as being basically a beadless Roc, is more overstable then a Roc?? how is that possible?
2. I have heard the JLS is very similar to the Teebird, but on the flight guide it is listed as understable, so which one is it?

I know that flight guides aren't perfect or always right, so that is why I am asking you guys. I was looking at these two discs to compliment my Rocs and Teebirds. Thanks in advance for the responses!

Last edited:
also the 1.1/First Run SJLS stamp was stamped on 3+ runs. the real 1.1s are super firm and have a very even dome. the 2nd run forward had flexy plastic, less dome, and a dimple over the sprue.

the whole 1.1 stamp thing was fouled up by Innova not being all that willing to differentiate between the runs in their storage/stamping operation. they always thought run numbers were a terrible idea. SJLS, QOLF, and SOLS all have multiple runs that are stamped as 1.1/First Run.

1. The MS, Which is described as being basically a beadless Roc, is more overstable then a Roc?? how is that possible?
2. I have heard the JLS is very similar to the Teebird, but on the flight guide it is listed as understable, so which one is it?

I know that flight guides aren't perfect or always right, so that is why I am asking you guys. I was looking at these two discs to compliment my Rocs and Teebirds. Thanks in advance for the responses!
Short answer: don't use the MST flight guide. ;)

The Aurora MS is less overstable than a Roc out of the box. It's a pretty neutral midrange. The QMS may or may not be less overstable than any given Roc depending on the run of each. On average they're probably less overstable, though. I'd think that the Aurora MS would be a decent complement to a new Roc if you need something less overstable and can't wait to beat up a Roc, but once you have a beat Roc the Aurora MS would be overlap. The Aurora MS and QMS are really meant to be paired with something more overstable than a Roc and in high end plastic like a Q or Sirius Sentinel MF.

The JLS is more workable than a Roc (less HSS but keeps a harder fade), but isn't ideal because it tends to be a straight driver as well, so I'm not sure it's the absolute best complement to a Roc. There are other, more workable drivers that are easier to throw on 'S' curves (Eagle-X, Cyclone, Gazelle, etc.) that are probably better candidates. Granted, the difference isn't huge so YMMV.

Base-line plastic is definitely understable. It replaced my Xpress, which was filling the Leopard role in my bag. So I'd call the JLS very similar to a leopard. It seems like it's closer in speed to the Leopard also.

Short answer: don't use the MST flight guide. ;)

The Aurora MS is less overstable than a Roc out of the box. It's a pretty neutral midrange. The QMS may or may not be less overstable than any given Roc depending on the run of each. On average they're probably less overstable, though. I'd think that the Aurora MS would be a decent complement to a new Roc if you need something less overstable and can't wait to beat up a Roc, but once you have a beat Roc the Aurora MS would be overlap. The Aurora MS and QMS are really meant to be paired with something more overstable than a Roc and in high end plastic like a Q or Sirius Sentinel MF.

The JLS is more workable than a Roc (less HSS but keeps a harder fade), but isn't ideal because it tends to be a straight driver as well, so I'm not sure it's the absolute best complement to a Roc. There are other, more workable drivers that are easier to throw on 'S' curves (Eagle-X, Cyclone, Gazelle, etc.) that are probably better candidates. Granted, the difference isn't huge so YMMV.

I think in Garu's 2nd paragraph he is answering with respect to the JLS v Teebird and where is says Roc it should probably be Teebird

Has anyone tried the new Scorpius distance driver yet? It was just released in Quantum and Sirius plastic. I am going to try and find a 164-166g Sirius Scorpius to try out against my 1.1 Solfs that I use for distance now. I picked one of these up in Zero-G plastic but 134 is a little light for what I want. It does go forever in Zero-G but I am looking for more of a line shaper.