• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All hail the Hypnotoad! This one is still being thrown by a beer league player here in KC.

InnovaRochypnotoadsDSC_2746.jpg

Dan, did you create the background pattern? I've searched everywhere and can't find it. I was thinking about a disc with that pattern and showing it to guys who are beating me on the course and making them dizzy so they will shank one in to the trees.

Also a wonderful side effect from the shaving cream method. My Dude disc smells minty fresh...

Last edited:
Shaving cream dyes smell wonderful.

Jaysin. I'll post it when I can, but there's a good YouTube vid on using Saran Wrap

Dan, did you create the background pattern? I've searched everywhere and can't find it. I was thinking about a disc with that pattern and showing it to guys who are beating me on the course and making them dizzy so they will shank one in to the trees.

Someone else did a disc with that background before me, but I had to recreate it from scratch. Here ya go!

Attachments

• radial design  edit2 s.jpg
    radial design edit2 s.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 46
Here's a fun one I just did for a buddy of mine :D Been diggin back into the sc again lately...more goodies on the way!

20141002_185814_zps7e7ce997.jpg

20141002_185925_zps0c870228.jpg

That's a FUN disc Odyssey, love it! Here's one from last night, helped me get through the second extra inning playoff game!

SYBsDSC_8573_zps1d951582.jpg

A new dye for this week

Okay, it's been a few weeks. Well this one took a while. Hand cut and a long multiple process dying job.

iDye poly background in a dish detergeant base followed by a little brush work. Then a brush work worm dye/shaving cream follow up for the foreground.

About 41 hours in all.

167 gram Star Katana...Started out white.

Attachments

• Newest Katana painting11.jpg
    Newest Katana painting11.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 135
Okay, it's been a few weeks. Well this one took a while. Hand cut and a long multiple process dying job.

iDye poly background in a dish detergeant base followed by a little brush work. Then a brush work worm dye/shaving cream follow up for the foreground.

About 41 hours in all.

167 gram Star Katana...Started out white.

That's a sweet dye! You difinitely need to enter this year's Okthrowberfest!

Thanks for the link! I see what you mean by less is more, they destroyed that disc, i would have kept the original over than mess of black ink they ended with, but to each his own.

Plastic bags can also be used. I actually liked them better (the color seemed to be more even), but it's very close. Both of these pics had less than a bulb syringe worth of dye used for each color.

Saran Wrap
Dye36-TheGrinchESPCycloneBack750.jpg

Plastic grocery bags
Dye-20---Yin-Yang-Fish-Z-Wasp.jpg

Last edited:
do they change the effect at all, or just personal preference?

If you look at the Saran Wrap one below the tree, you'll see dark green lines where the plastic stuck together and dye pooled, leaving darker lines. The plastic bags have a little of that but nowhere near as extreme. Really just personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts