• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what part of your game brings you the most joy?

i get joy from

• Drives

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Approaches/Upshots

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Putts

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters
You should be a moderator.

Forced to choose - I chose drives. In the other thread I expressed how important putts are to my mood. But a great drive just... lasts. You have time to really feel it and enjoy it and reflect on it before it ever gets to ground.

Any well executed drive is just such a nice stretched out infusion of joy...

The Harp and I have a great friendship when it comes to flick approaches/upshots. Once in a while it goes right in the basket.

Forced to choose - I chose drives. In the other thread I expressed how important putts are to my mood. But a great drive just... lasts. You have time to really feel it and enjoy it and reflect on it before it ever gets to ground.

Any well executed drive is just such a nice stretched out infusion of joy...

A great drive can 'right the ship' for me. Parking/getting a decent putt on a tough par 3 can signal that my form is on line and my focus has honed in on the tee. Most of the time it alleviates the anxiety of putting/approaching. Getting a bit of recognition for a well executed shot from the cardmates is a different feeling when the shot is going 300-400 feet.

Upshots/scramble shots are usually a sign the tee shot got off the rails a bit and cause anxiety. I get a little joy from executing them well but its not what I think about when daydreaming about my next round or remember from my last.

OTHER:

160' throw in with my Berg.

(the chains are SO loud!)

I know without a doubt that putting brings me the most anxiety... lol

I chose Other.

Just playing makes me happy. I may not be good at disc golf, but I enjoy playing it. Yes, I get disappointed with shots, but I'm outside, walking around, breathing fresh air, getting some exercise all while having a good time.

Latest posts