• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of dyes I did for my brother. Not thrilled about the bleeds I got where the stamp was on the Mario disc...

0dfda6ae-91d9-44d5-beed-b339e4a00e52

130c8564-270f-43b7-ad55-0ee151d76d37

"That'll do Pigley, that'll do"
-Krieger

picture.php

Pretty heavily used Star TeeRex. Came out well, just too dark. Looks much better in bright sunlight than it does indoors. Attached pic is closer and a bit brighter.

Attachments

• krieger2.jpg
    krieger2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 35
Hello,
This is my first post here, but as reading this fantastic forum I though to give you pieces of me in return. So here are three dyes from this year. I like all of them :) I'm pretty slow dyer but I'm trying to finish one more before new year.

Opto Pearl - Paw Patrol Marshall
View attachment 56539
Lucid Air Renegade - Star Wars
View attachment 56540
Gold Halo - MGS Raiden
View attachment 56542

Nomination for top 5 "First Posts" of 2015. Very well done, sir.

Some Star Wars Love

Trying some new techniques

Attachments

• 2015-12-29 22.21.47.jpg
    2015-12-29 22.21.47.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 78
  • 2015-12-29 22.21.52.jpg
    2015-12-29 22.21.52.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 69
So I found out why not to leave the dye on heat with this last one, gave me two major bleeds at the top and the bottom and the dye blended with the splatter on the skull portion of the Spitfire.

I was going for a sticker look since Spitfire always has their stickers everywhere. Turned out awesome (minus the bleeds). Gonna try something similar again in the near future, or maybe even go with a similar logo of my own to "alter" as this one was.

Dyes were iDye poly black and red. The green-ish gray hue was a 2 minute cold dip in the black iDye.

Attachments

• IMAG2583.jpg
    IMAG2583.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 106
So I found out why not to leave the dye on heat with this last one, gave me two major bleeds at the top and the bottom and the dye blended with the splatter on the skull portion of the Spitfire.

I was going for a sticker look since Spitfire always has their stickers everywhere. Turned out awesome (minus the bleeds). Gonna try something similar again in the near future, or maybe even go with a similar logo of my own to "alter" as this one was.

Dyes were iDye poly black and red. The green-ish gray hue was a 2 minute cold dip in the black iDye.
You definitely nailed the sticker look. Awesome!

It's been a while since I've posted any dyes but I've gotten a few nice ones done recently. Currently working on a bunch more that I'll share as well.

This sword I did for a buddy is probably my best work yet.

A nice blank glow Roc3 done with all UV dye for the night disc I play now and a Lat64 Flow I also did.

A couple little bleeds but I'm happy overall so far one of the feww I've done that didn't get wonky spider web bleeds. Two more colors to go tomorrow.

I felt like a pd2 was the only appropriate mold for a blue shell. I'm looking forward to cycling this into the bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20160103_183132.jpg
    IMG_20160103_183132.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 76
still learning the art of disc dying. Here are my 3rd and 4th attempts. Neither came out perfect, but its the journey right. May have to do anther round on the witness...

Avenger SS

Witness

First post

Dyed over an existing disc I did almost a year ago. The bleed is from me not applying the vinyl correctly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 102
Just want to throw this in here to celebrate the triumphant return of Jeff 'Brainwave' Ash. Thanks Jeff!
cd5143a3.jpg

0e866c7f.jpg

Weekend dyes

Couple I did today since it was to cold to play.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.