• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And BMX I don't know about Bennett but I use a weight in the center of the disc during the dyeing to get all the way to the edge. The Buzzz below needed a shot glass about 3/4 full, most drivers just need the shot glass.

My experience is that the disc alone is usually enough to get _to_ the edge - as in looking at it straight from the front it is covered. But if you want to go around the edge, like on Dans Buzzz, you need some weight on it.

7847760346_daae135af2.jpg
[/url]
IMAG0568 by highcountryphotographer, on Flickr[/IMG]

My man Heisenburg on a Pure!

I was thinking of putting him on my putter. I use baseline plastic though so I think I will have my girlfriend draw it.

Yeah, Bennett, that glow Storm Trooper is awesome!

Thanks StoneWallKid!

That Valk and a few other dyes are up on a certain auction site ;)

More coming! Trying to catch up, got a wedding today in Dallas GA, otherwise I'd be cranking out some work on Okthrowberfest and the like.

Tomorrow I will be working on getting details grinded down for Okthrowberfest, see who's pledged to donate, and start the ball rolling on this thing. If you're able to donate ANYTHING to the contest -- cash, PLASTIC, swag, ANYTHING, please send me a PM. I know you guys love this contest, so PLEASE help us make it pay out what it's worth! I know you have plastic collecting dust -- that could make some entrant's payout dreams come true!

Since I lost the original one, I spent last night doing it again - this came out tons better. Plus I got to try Dan & Bennet's "dyeing to the edge" techniques:

Original Dye (lost):
BuzzzDye.jpg

Last Night's Replacement:
814Pens2.jpg

I dressed up an old Wraith with this simple pattern. It didn't turn out like I envisioned it would. The differences in shades of red/orange are a little too subtle but, as usual, it's better than it was.
P1030098.jpg

So I finished the trophy discs for the DGCR Hawk Hollow meet....

singlesdiscweb.jpg

DFLdiscWeb.jpg

doublesdiscweb.jpg

The cold have been a lot better. But for a first multi color attempt it will do. I probably won't do multi-color again. It's such a hassle.

@FredVegas -- I think those turned out SICK! You're too hard on yourself!

I know multi-colors is a MUCH trickier part of the process, but you did a great job, and it's worth it if the job requires it.

@FredVegas -- I think those turned out SICK! You're too hard on yourself!

I know multi-colors is a MUCH trickier part of the process, but you did a great job, and it's worth it if the job requires it.

Thanks Bennett, I guess I'm comparing them to some of the great dyes you guys do.

I appreciate how tough these simple dyes are. There is no way I'm gonna attempt some of the complicated designs you guys do.

picture.php

3rd dyeing attempt and first multicolored attempt. I am pleased with how it came out there are a couple of bleeds mostly where the disc had been stamped. The cutting on this took the longest.

You're off to a great start Belyeu. Welcome to the DGCR dyers forum and thanks for sharing your work with us.

Older one that I just recently took a picture of - Jefferson Davis (Boss) Hogg, on, well, of course a Boss!

Boss.jpg

Some old friends are in town tomorrow night, hoping to move this and a couple others along to help offset the costs of orchestra pit seats :D. If your in town we're playing at Swope (just 5 minutes from Starlight theatre) around 2pm, join us and you'll get first crack at a fine selection of dyed discs.

phishionsDSC_1036.jpg

And BMX I don't know about Bennett but I use a weight in the center of the disc during the dyeing to get all the way to the edge. The Buzzz below needed a shot glass about 3/4 full, most drivers just need the shot glass.

Somebody has been practicing the super secret brainwave technique. If only you were allowed to share said technique.

No, that was from the first bunch of test discs I did last summer. I was digging for plastic the day before the Phish show and found it. IMHO the SC marbling makes for a much more interesting background so I didn't pursue the brainwaves after those first couple of tests.

thanks so many amazing dyes here and the walk through threads were a lot of help! Now just waiting to get some more disc to dye....

definitely not worthy of posting with all these great discs. First dye in a long time. Wanted to see how eze plastic took dye. This soaked overnight. The color is light, and it will probably fade quick.

Untitled by MrGlass01, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.