• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a first run Legacy Rampage, a TallPat dye!!

Attachments

• Rampage.jpg
    Rampage.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,100
there is a few. The Pay it forward thread just started a part #3 today.

All threads with over 5000 posts are being locked to take some load of the server.

I would imagine that all the quotes re-posting the same photos over and over again were burning up the bandwidth quite a bit. I wouldn't be mad if, in a month or so, Tim scraped all the comments in Dye a Day 1 and archived the pictures into an album.

I wouldn't be mad if, in a month or so, Tim scraped all the comments in Dye a Day 1 and archived the pictures into an album.

I would be disappointed, there's a wealth of info in that thread. An album of all the discs would be very cool though. Besides, the dye a day has over 475,000 views, I was kinda hoping to see it hit half a million but it may be a long shot now.

Started a DG company(High Fly Discs) with two others over the last few months, haven't been dyeing much but knocked a few out lately.

Trophy discs for the Ryan Crain Memorial, in tribute to a dg friend we lost recently at the hands of a drunk driver. The players signed the white disc for the Crain family, and helped raise nearly $1800(I think) for the local Humane Society in Ryan's honor.
6781446854_5d60c9977f_z.jpg

ESP Buzzz with rainbow stamp, circle and Discraft logo:
6927567149_05015dc732_z.jpg

Puttin' our touch on all the dyes we do -- macro style!
6781446896_75fa9b2a3f_z.jpg

I'll be getting more done soon and taking better pictures, lots in the works!

Damn a new thread well all I gots is my new disc with my logo i am making on it. Let's get some new dyes in here guys!
IMG00394-20120224-0937.jpg

SAM_0726.jpg

SAM_0727.jpg

Bought a plotter for X-mas ... Just got around to messing with it today ...
took me 2.5 hrs to find a program i didnt have to pay for to vector my images & figure out what format to save it in for my plotter to read it right :) ...

Got everything all set now and ready to try some harder stuff next
these are my first attempts ...

Yellow disc is a Teebird (Mine).. Pink is a Leopard ..(baby's Momma) ..

Last edited:
I would imagine that all the quotes re-posting the same photos over and over again were burning up the bandwidth quite a bit. I wouldn't be mad if, in a month or so, Tim scraped all the comments in Dye a Day 1 and archived the pictures into an album.

^^^^ THIS SHOULD HAPPEN :eek:

While a gallery of the images from the first thread would be awesome, quoting post with links to external pictures should not hurt dcgrs bandwidth besides the extra text. The forum page just delivers a link to you and your machine gets the image from imgur, photobucket and so on.
Only the post attached pictures that would give such an issue. And they are not quoteable - as easily at least.

a cthulhu dye i did. i had a leak on the main left tenticle. i rationalize the leak by saying its just him squirting some ink haha
27HIr.jpg

Cpt America shield on a Lat64 Goldline pearly white Bolt.
Blue and red Jaquard.

cpt_america.jpg

A few imperfections:
Some of the plastic was pulled up (not off) when I pulled off the vinyl that was covering the parts that was to be blue, after the red dip. Like a very thin cover of plastic, creating some bubble/uneven patches.
And when remasking for the blue, I was not too concerned with evening the vinyl out over the red patches, especially towards the edge, as it was only around the blue I was afraid of issues. But, as you can probably see on the picture as well if you look close, the on the spots that had air over them, under the vinyl, the red became darker than on the patches that had the vinyl tight on. Creating what seems like eternal wet spots. :) I think it might be avaoidable with less heat, but I am not sure. It was in the blue for a while to get it sufficiently dark.

Still looks decent though. The pearly white Goldline plastic is fantastic.

Vault Boy 'Big Guns' on a NukeOS
fYwrNl.jpg

Breaking Bad on a Champion Orc
vhB39l.jpg

Both came out very clean. The Orc was supposed to be a marbled dye but when I pulled it out of the shaving cream it was only faintly colored so I threw it in some blue/ teal dye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts