• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Black RIT I found at Walmart works fine for me. Maybe that's only because it's either old, or black, I don't know.

The Black RIT I found at Walmart works fine for me. Maybe that's only because it's either old, or black, I don't know.

Black POWDER Rit still works. Most colored powders do, however there are a few that don't. As far as I believe, none of the liquid works anymore.

However, if you can find iDye Poly it works much better. More vibrant colors, and A LOT less fading and blurring.

Not all the black rit works. There are a few powders that have not had the formula changed. However I don't have time to look it up right now. Black is not one of them. I have tons of old rit. But if I was starting over right now I would use idye poly. I would have to order online, but I think it is a better quality dye.

Dang I was gonna start dying but I'm not gonna buy RIT at Walmart if it don't work where can I find this Idye poly at? Sorry for being a noob but that's the only way to learn

Some craft stores have the Idye poly, but most only have the Idye (not poly) and it will not work on plastic. I just googled Idye poly and ordered directly from the company since no one carries it in my area. As for the RIT stuff.... most of the liquid is no good and you can tell by the ND printed on the cap. Most of the powder will work if the date on the box ends with a 10 or lower (year). You can also take the paper package out of the box and if it's not too smeared to read, the code printed on the package will have an ND if it is the new formula. I just figure the ND stands for "No (disc) Dyes"

I did this one for Austin. 167 Champ Leopard...

AustinsLeopard.jpg

Hey Now Fred ~
do the symbols at the top and bottom spell out anything in particular?
Just curious......

was wondering the same...

Hieroglyphics aren't exact translation to english but according to the research I was able to do the top line spells out Austin and the bottom spells out Pfaff. The guy i did the dye for. He just wanted the Eye of Horus but I thought that was a little boring.

My first few with the new equipment and dye

So I feel like I have the plotter dialed in pretty good. I started off easy and did a couple of harder ones. I made a couple of rookie mistakes, but overall I'm pleased with how this first batch turned out. The idye Poly black might be the darkest black I've ever seen. It's incredible. Sorry for the crappy pics. I used my phone which isn't bad except for the night vision for the last glow pic.

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

NightVisionCamera.jpg

^^Wow! Nice work, philman. Makes me wish I had a plotter. I was just getting started in my dyeing addiction about the time you temporarily retired. Your work among others was an inspiration for me. Welcome back to the game

I use stainless steel pans. I do notice some dye sticking to the pan. I've read that non stick pans are worse. I wouldn't cook and eat out of a dye pan. Just look for a cheap frying pan at a goodwill store.

i use an old non-stick pot and i can wash it out...would never cook anything in it....don't use your wife's nice new rachel ray pots and pans....;)

That's what I was making sure and that skull is awesome. I'm gonna try my first dye tomorrow I wanna put a giant badass bee on my buzzz cause the discraft stamps are boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts