• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0025.jpg

Are those zombies walking up on the putter? If they are - it's totally awesome! If they aren't, you should totally start saying they are!

Love the dye. :thmbup:

Are those zombies walking up on the putter? If they are - it's totally awesome! If they aren't, you should totally start saying they are!

Love the dye. :thmbup:

Thanks! yeah I wish they looked a bit more like zombies, I got the idea when I saw this T-shirt:
ZOMBIE.jpeg

Attachments

• ZOMBIE.jpeg
    ZOMBIE.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4
OK, so here are mine and my son's first dye attempts. The first one is a dye from a piece of work I had sharpied onto a glow buzzz and then eventually lost, so I turned it into a stencil and dyed it. The second one is a dye of Ogami, fromthe Lone Wolf and Cub films. The third my son did from the game Dead Space 3

Attachments

• coldfire dye.jpg
    coldfire dye.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Ogami.jpg
    Ogami.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 106
  • dead space 3.jpg
    dead space 3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 103
My son also did this ambigram of his name, and the Taylor Swift he did for his girlfriend

Attachments

• ambigram.jpg
    ambigram.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 98
  • taylor swift.jpg
    taylor swift.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 111
Spur of the moment Shield of Justice dye - with some Brainwaves/Mindwarps for the center (original center cut was off-center, and bled slightly during 2nd dip of red - I decided to do the shield after dipping the edge):

ShieldofJusticeWave_zps43557e32.jpg

My first disc dye. Turned a Roc3 I had that was scuffed up into an Alien Roc3. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Minor bleeding, but I expected due to issues with contact paper bunching at top.

After doing this by hand, I see the benefit of plotter! :)

1369026786824.jpg

I only put the stencil on this Blizzard Katana, it was already tie-dyed. I thought the yellow center looked like the sun.

Lastest Dyes

Breaking Bad Disc Dyes

image.jpg

Hyzer-Berg (175g Champion TL)

image_1.jpg

Magnets, Bitch. (175g Champion Beast)

image_2.jpg

Saul Goodman, Esq. (171g Champion Teebird)

I posted a pic of my DG Girl dye on the DGforWomen FB page and they kinda freaked out.

There aren't that many dyes out there for the ladies.

Two girls that live near me wanted me to dye one of their discs for them. THat was no beg deal.

I wanted to have some fun with it so I posted on the FB page that I would dye for free the next 5 ladies that post they would want a disc done. THe response was quick. All they had to do was send me a disc with a pre-postage paid envelope for the return shipping and I would take care of the rest.

girliedyes.jpg

Here are 4 I finished, I ended up doing 7.

Two of my neutron minis. I didn't let the black sit long enough before I dyed the yellow on Jake and it kinda smeared. Never seen that happen before tonight. Still like it though.

My first disc dye. Turned a Roc3 I had that was scuffed up into an Alien Roc3. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Minor bleeding, but I expected due to issues with contact paper bunching at top.

After doing this by hand, I see the benefit of plotter! :)

I just started with dying a few days ago and more times than not, I have a problem with the contact paper bunching around the edges giving me the bleeding. Is there a way to prevent this? Or is it just a practice makes prefect scenario?

Also, love the Jake dye. Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts