• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost this the other day with a strong likelihood that it is irretrievable. This makes me very sad.

I have a Champion Glow Gazelle coming in the mail that I would like to have dyed in its place. I will give it an acetone bath and then send it on its way to whoever can accomplish this for me.

For smarkquart
20tgvt4.jpg

15cj3bn.jpg

Hate to sound like an ass here but I think you have the hands of the clock switched, the long hand should be on the 20 minute mark :/

I am pretty sure I got it right... but, the irony would have been pretty outstanding otherwise.

Last edited:
Hate to sound like an ass here but I think you have the hands of the clock switched, the long hand should be on the 20 minute mark :/

Good try, but the long hand is on the 20 minute mark. And the hour hand is roughly 1/3 of the way to 5 o'clock. Looks right.

Actually did these two last week. The spiral lightning pattern is on a used Champion Leopard, the dark patch in back is Sharpie covering the markings. The Jimi Hendrix dye is on a MVP Anode, my first 2 color dye! The copy of the picture i printed with the 2 color swirl pattern was not good enough to tell the difference in the swirls because i'm using a black ink jet printer, so i just winged the cuts on the lines!

Attachments

• DSCF2849.jpg
    DSCF2849.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF2852.jpg
    DSCF2852.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 91
I lost this the other day with a strong likelihood that it is irretrievable. This makes me very sad.

I have a Champion Glow Gazelle coming in the mail that I would like to have dyed in its place. I will give it an acetone bath and then send it on its way to whoever can accomplish this for me.

Sorry to hear you lost it. I will gladly redo the dye for you if you would like.

A few of my recent dyes...

I've been dyeing discs for a little over a month now (got about a dozen under my belt). First time posting in this thread. There is some killer artwork here, and I haven't even scratched the surface of going through all of the pics.

Here's my latest few dyes. Hope you dig 'em...

Deadpool on a used Champion Beast...
IMG_26431_zps8bff6804.jpg

SJ Sharks on a Starlite Valk...
IMG_26471_zps9aac9cb8.jpg

Battleship Destroyer on a Blizzard Destroyer...
IMG_26681_zpsaea96b28.jpg

-Jeff

I has some issues with the blue because I was experimenting with a powder that thickens liquid. The trouble was I believe because the formula was drying out, there for not taking the day. I had to go back over it, after my "glue stars" were already washed off. but 2 24-hour coats, and it wasn't that bad. Then I just went with the trusty shaving cream dye for the red.

ah8bu90sn

Last edited:
I've been dyeing discs for a little over a month now (got about a dozen under my belt). First time posting in this thread. There is some killer artwork here, and I haven't even scratched the surface of going through all of the pics.

Here's my latest few dyes. Hope you dig 'em...

-Jeff

Way better than what I was doing a month (or twenty) into my dying days.
Keep up the good work :)

Agreed, those look great, except the SJ Sharks one, that sucks :D
Go Blues!

Way better than what I was doing a month (or twenty) into my dying days.
Keep up the good work :)

Thanks guys!

Tuna, we got ya covered so far this season, but that was a scary one for us Sharks fans! Good to see Boyle back on the ice! Maybe I'll do a Lapierre dye with the international "NO" symbol. :D

Thanks guys!

Tuna, we got ya covered so far this season, but that was a scary one for us Sharks fans! Good to see Boyle back on the ice! Maybe I'll do a Lapierre dye with the international "NO" symbol. :D

Yeah, to be honest the last few years we've owned the Sharks. This year the Sharks are probably the most dangerous team in the West (which dominates the East)

As for the Lapierre dye, that's cool, I hate that guy. He needs to take that game back to Vancouver where he learned that cheap shot BS. Glad Boyle is doing alright, cause that was a pretty big hit

Bleed on the ear, brainwave was faint on the champ plastic. Still satisfied. Blizzard Destroyer.

Attachments

• pikadisc.jpg
    pikadisc.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts