• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple I did for Halloween. My wife designed them. Her's is the black one.

qUapDosl.jpg

On a side note, when I finished the orange one and was cleaning up I spilled the entire pan of dye all over the door of the oven and the floor of our kitchen. :doh: Lucky thing is that we happened to have an area rug that it spilled on so the laminate floor was ok. :clap:

/\ You know you're a dyer when...

I've definitely been there, and gone are many gallons of bleach! Anyone ever painted the side of a refrigerator? I'm thinking of using model paint but we're renting, so it's going to have to be good (not to mention cheap). Fridge is the only thing the bleach wont do :\

A quick little one I did for my daughter. Unfortunately it bled. I need some better contact paper. :\

MZRBaaAl.jpg

A quick little one I did for my daughter. Unfortunately it bled. I need some better contact paper. :\

MZRBaaAl.jpg

If you want to continue to dye, go ahead and get some vinyl. Trust me, it's worth it over contact paper. USCUTTER has some good deals.

From Okthrowberfest, here is the unstamped Legacy Icon Ghost I won from BennettUA's personal stash; complete with some of my all time favorite ghosts.

Attachments

• PC022007.jpg
    PC022007.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 93
Here is one that I did with some left over dye from the previous dye job.

Attachments

• PA4.jpg
    PA4.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 70
/\ You know you're a dyer when...

I've definitely been there, and gone are many gallons of bleach! Anyone ever painted the side of a refrigerator? I'm thinking of using model paint but we're renting, so it's going to have to be good (not to mention cheap). Fridge is the only thing the bleach wont do :\

use Comet

every dollar store has it, you sprinkle comet on a wet rag, rub in small circles and watch the stains disappear

much more effective then pure bleach

Comet has a slight abrasive in it so test it on a hidden corner first though

use Comet

every dollar store has it, you sprinkle comet on a wet rag, rub in small circles and watch the stains disappear

much more effective then pure bleach

Comet has a slight abrasive in it so test it on a hidden corner first though

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely give it a shot!

my third dye. tried to do red and purple spirals. it just blended together for the most part.
pinkdye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts