• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment when you wish Rit still took to plastic.......:(

19511357231_88474bb057_c.jpg

BASTARDS!:mad:

BTW, have you had a chance to try the PL green yet?

Peace,
-Jeff

BASTARDS!:mad:

BTW, have you had a chance to try the PL green yet?

Peace,
-Jeff

Not as of yet, although I have finally started cutting again on the plotter, and will be dipping some black tonight for a long-overdue dye for Soup.

Goonies inspired dye with a sc background. Any idea why I'm getting what I assume to be air bubbles in the sc?This is the second time I've had this happen to a sc dye and I'm thinking it's because I added some heat. First time I used a blow dryer and this one I put in a warm oven with the door open for about 15 minutes and then let it sit over night. If that's not it I'm not sure what it is.

Attachments

• IMAG3630.jpg
    IMAG3630.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 88
Goonies inspired dye with a sc background. Any idea why I'm getting what I assume to be air bubbles in the sc?This is the second time I've had this happen to a sc dye and I'm thinking it's because I added some heat. First time I used a blow dryer and this one I put in a warm oven with the door open for about 15 minutes and then let it sit over night. If that's not it I'm not sure what it is.

Interesting...never used heat with a SC dye before. Are you making sure to get the SC bed really smooth before laying the disc down? That is the most common way to get big air bubbles like that. I wouldn't think heat would do that, but perhaps smaller air bubbles are expanding due to the heat? I have no clue how SC reacts to heat above room temp.

Interesting...never used heat with a SC dye before. Are you making sure to get the SC bed really smooth before laying the disc down? That is the most common way to get big air bubbles like that. I wouldn't think heat would do that, but perhaps smaller air bubbles are expanding due to the heat? I have no clue how SC reacts to heat above room temp.

I use a ruler to smooth the bed before I add the dye, but maybe when I add the dye I'm disrupting the smoothness of the bed enough to cause the bubbles? The reason I add the heat is because I've had problems with the Orange dye being faint even on star type plastic, so I figured adding a little heat might make it take better...which it seemed to help get a more vibrant orange on this one, but the bubbles are an eyesore. Thanks for your input!

2nd attempt. Only small bleed was because of a deep stamp. The vinyl work was clean but I couldn't keep it from seeping ever so slightly from the stamp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 87
2nd attempt. Only small bleed was because of a deep stamp. The vinyl work was clean but I couldn't keep it from seeping ever so slightly from the stamp

Very nice!! Love the sc dye. I wish I was getting results like that.

Last edited:
Just finished this one. Had to take a break from the multi colors and do an easy one.

Attachments

• IMAG3633.jpg
    IMAG3633.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 107
I know I'm not the only one, but MAN ALIVE do I LOVE the smell of heating dye....that metallic scent that tickles the nostrils in a way nothing else can....

That is all. Good weekend to all, hope some of you enter in the July dye contest, no entries of yet :(

I know I'm not the only one, but MAN ALIVE do I LOVE the smell of heating dye....that metallic scent that tickles the nostrils in a way nothing else can....

You are not alone, my friend. It's right up there with fresh baked cookies and spring mornings.

That is all. Good weekend to all, hope some of you enter in the July dye contest, no entries of yet :(

Well crap, if I can finish the one I am working on by then, I could enter it, but like I said in the contest thread - it doesn't really fit the theme.

Nice job, Bamm!

Bennett and Roggen....I'm in the same boat. It's not really a pleasant or appealing smell but I just smile when I catch a whiff of it and find myself hovering over the steaming pan whenever I dip a disc.
I've been doing a whole lot of nothing while recovering from knee surgery. Probably won't have an entry for the July 4th contest, but who knows......being the master procrastinator that I am, there is still plenty of time =)

So, you're saying my bad dye has a chance! :D

Tried a drip-splatter for fireworks and hand-painted trails... didn't work as spectacular as I'd hoped... But, I'm new, so I have an excuse! ;)

Good weekend to all, hope some of you enter in the July dye contest, no entries of yet :(

Over the last almost 2 years I have acquired roughly 60 dyeable discs solely for the purpose of dyeing, which is far more than I need to satisfy my addiction.

I would like to add 4 more discs to the mix for the 4th of July contest, assuming that is OK with Bennett. They are, clockwise from top left, a green first run Ti Drone, a white Warden (I honestly do not know what Dynamic's plastics are called, but I'm sure someone here will know), a teal Felon, and a clear F2 champ Leopard with the stamp already wiped.

So now all top 4 entries can get 3 prizes! Let's see those dyes!

Attachments

• pic_20150710_193456.jpg
    pic_20150710_193456.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 66
Over the last almost 2 years I have acquired roughly 60 dyeable discs solely for the purpose of dyeing, which is far more than I need to satisfy my addiction.

I would like to add 4 more discs to the mix for the 4th of July contest, assuming that is OK with Bennett. They are, clockwise from top left, a green first run Ti Drone, a white Warden (I honestly do not know what Dynamic's plastics are called, but I'm sure someone here will know), a teal Felon, and a clear F2 champ Leopard with the stamp already wiped.

So now all top 4 entries can get 3 prizes! Let's see those dyes!

CHOICE!

If this doesn't entice people to get on it and enter the Fourth of July dye contest(you have until Sunday the 12th at midnight Eastern), I don't know what would!

ZERO entries in so far! Knock out a dye this weekend and YOU could win at least a few discs and some dye and some huge kudos!

Starsiege Tribes dye for groomsman on white Star Vulcan.

TWbpUtQ.png

good ol flashback lol .. played the hell out of Tribes.. before that i was a HUGE Delta Force guy played all the damn time, was in a clan and all that .. dont game at all online anymore that was my bright spot in gaming lol :eek:

Another absence

I seem to keep having long absences. Here's a few that I've done in that time away.

Charizard disc for an employee at Hazy Shade, the local disc golf store.

Sigmund Freud disc for a retired psychology professor. This disc will be flying in the amateur world nationals next week.

Ode to spring, a disc for my girlfriend. It will go air born at the women's national championships shortly.

Attachments

• char.jpg
    char.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Freud finished.jpg
    Freud finished.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 113
  • ode to spring.jpg
    ode to spring.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.