• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20845990825_8955511ca8.jpg

GREAT job on the Halo, Sean!

A couple of recent dyes...

A simple Spiff on a G* FB for my Daughter...

17c7346f-df52-4dc5-8387-242364b293a4_zpsmylgcepq.jpg

...and one that might make some collectors cringe, but it wasn't for me to decide, and came out better than I thought it would. A nice CE Eagle. We'll see what it looks like in a few months...

b4bbe6f2-5e2e-4a4b-8777-c1ee85e351da_zps1q56adat.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Awesome as usual hurricane.I like how you got the rays I guess I would call them coming off of the letters.

I always like seeing the originality of your dyes twochain. I'm assuming you're hand designing your designs? Are you drawing them first?

Awesome as usual hurricane.I like how you got the rays I guess I would call them coming off of the letters.

Thanks DD! I have to admit that was not planned. It was a "happy accident"... but it seems to be happening with consistency with this method.

Peace,
-Jeff

Two more Hawks dyes.

First one's an ESP Buzzz. Love how it turned out. Went more Washington Redskins Native American than Blackhawks Native American accidentally.

Second one is a Legacy Mongoose. No remasks, but I should have recovered the face for the background even though I didn't need to bc the white took a very faint red tinge just from rinsing the dye off the background. So did some areas of the glue lines that came off during rinsing. Should have been more careful....

Attachments

• pic_20150831_204311.jpg
    pic_20150831_204311.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 85
  • pic_20150831_204241.jpg
    pic_20150831_204241.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 108
Two more Hawks dyes.

First one's an ESP Buzzz. Love how it turned out. Went more Washington Redskins Native American than Blackhawks Native American accidentally.

Second one is a Legacy Mongoose. No remasks, but I should have recovered the face for the background even though I didn't need to bc the white took a very faint red tinge just from rinsing the dye off the background. So did some areas of the glue lines that came off during rinsing. Should have been more careful....

Clean, clean, clean rogg! You're firing on all cylinders lately. Love that skull!

A couple I did awhile back. Phantom Pete on a G* Leopard and a Circle Pendant on a Star Mako

Attachments

• 20150419_135432.jpg
    20150419_135432.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20150419_135452.jpg
    20150419_135452.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 43
Word to the wise, kids --- It's now September, so start working on your Okthrowberfest entries NOW!

I'll be posting in the next day or so to get things started. In the meantime, if you have anything to donate, anything at all, PLEASE let me know! As you know by now, this payout is always made possible by the generous people on DGCR!

Hoping for a really great turnout this year!

Word to the wise, kids --- It's now September, so start working on your Okthrowberfest entries NOW!

I'll be posting in the next day or so to get things started. In the meantime, if you have anything to donate, anything at all, PLEASE let me know! As you know by now, this payout is always made possible by the generous people on DGCR!

Hoping for a really great turnout this year!

ON IT! The lady and I have already started our submissions. I will go through my stash and see if I have any dyeable discs in 10/10 to share as donations.

You're the greatest, Bennett.

Doing one more before Okthrowberfest, but then that is next up. Still have no idea what I'm going to do though....

Bennett, there will be a PM coming your way soon with a list of stuff. I have tons of towels, coozies and other things you get at tourneys that I never use, and I should be able to spare a few more discs from my dye pile.

ON IT! The lady and I have already started our submissions. I will go through my stash and see if I have any dyeable discs in 10/10 to share as donations.

You're the greatest, Bennett.

Doing one more before Okthrowberfest, but then that is next up. Still have no idea what I'm going to do though....

Bennett, there will be a PM coming your way soon with a list of stuff. I have tons of towels, coozies and other things you get at tourneys that I never use, and I should be able to spare a few more discs from my dye pile.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

Thanks guys, it means MORE THAN YOU KNOW to have the help and support of DGCR to make this the best disc dyeing contest annually!

I did these two yesterday. The swirly vortex is a Champion Destroyer I did for a friend & the yin yang dragons is a Blizzard Destroyer I did for myself.

Attachments

• 20150906_111443.jpg
    20150906_111443.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20150906_111752.jpg
    20150906_111752.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 81
"The nice thing about that place is Mary Ann gets in the hammock with you"
-Hank Scorpio

On a Scorpius.

Last one until Okthrowberfest in all likelihood.

My only regret is making the wall purple instead of green. Otherwise it went well and was fun, and was done with no remasks.

Attachments

• pic_20150908_194924.jpg
    pic_20150908_194924.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 67
I don't like being the last post on a page. The highlight of this one for me was getting the color of the jacket so right. 3:1 fuschia:violet

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.