• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like being the last post on a page. The highlight of this one for me was getting the color of the jacket so right. 3:1 fuschia:violet

picture.php

SCORPIOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Roggen, wow, just.........WOW.

Yeah you got the jacket color right, but you also really showcased the color palette of the Simpsons very well.

The detail, the shading, the line work.....this also needs to be considered in the Dye of the Year at year's end.

wW1dH66.gif

here's a disc i tried dying.. what do you think?

What are you using for a spinner? Looks like you ran into a common issue with my box fan setup where the disc is not perfectly level, so holding the brush at a certain height gives you a line that is thick on one side and thin on the other. Takes some practice to get nice even lines. My advice is to spin as slow as you can.

Yeah you got the jacket color right, but you also really showcased the color palette of the Simpsons very well.

The detail, the shading, the line work.....this also needs to be considered in the Dye of the Year at year's end.

Thanks Bennett, you are the Simpsons dye master :hfive:. The colors on this one were really fun.

Just in case anyone is wondering:
Jacket: 3:1 Fuschia:Violet
Pants: Blue
Shoes: 3:1:1 Brown:black:crimson
Skin: 1:1 Golden Yellow:Yellow
Hair: Orange, darkened a bit with red water application

Wall: 3:1 Violet:Fuschia, darkened with black
Brick: 3:1:2 Bright Red:Crimson:Brown
Awning: Turqouise for the light part, and a 2:1 Turqouise:pylam green for the other.
Sidewalk: Silver Gray. Tried to get some lines in it for "texture"
Windows: Blue
Door/window frame: 3:1 Brown:Black
Door: Brown

That's it for a while - on to my Okthrowberfest entry!! Can't wait to see what everyone does!

Last edited:
Longggg way to go to have Okthrowberfest to be on the level we've grown accustomed to, we NEEEEEEED your help!

If you love this contest and want to help make it great, PLEASE consider donating!

ANYTHING!

Thanks in advance!

Longggg way to go to have Okthrowberfest to be on the level we've grown accustomed to, we NEEEEEEED your help!

If you love this contest and want to help make it great, PLEASE consider donating!

ANYTHING!

Thanks in advance!

Will get my donations in the mail headed your way tonight!

C'mon fellow DGCR members!! Let's make this the biggest Okthrowberfest yet!! You KNOW you have a couple nice discs or other disc paraphernalia you can part with!!

Attachments

• jimmy.jpg
    jimmy.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
This has got to be the longest I've ever seen this thread go without a new dye. 21 days!!?! I hope it's because everyone is hard at work on their Okthrowberfest submissions like me!

Heres one I love from sickdisc from way back on page 5.

DyeingToPlay's very cool Eagle reminds me of a night vision picture. Here's a commission I did as a tribute to one of our fallen for his father...
OtherWorklSp8E7.jpg

Hope the reason for lack of dyes in TDAD thread are because you're all working on your Okthrowberfest entries! It's gonna be another EXCELLENT year, I know it!

We now have Legacy, Dynamic Discs, and Prodigy on as big sponsors! As you know, each of these have been excellent supporters of Okthrowberfest before, and this year is no exception!

Our own timg is throwing in a couple premium memberships, and we've added inbounds(again!) and KWsDiscGolf.com as sponsors from DGCR. Also have had a solid number of individuals pledge from here this year!

I will be posting the official thread within a day, but know that the prizes will be excellent and the competition fierce! Rules will be similar to years past -- two entry maximum, with complete freedom of expression(scary, Octoberfesty, fall, whatever!).

Thanks again to all, and if you can donate or know anyone at any other manufacturers or dg companies, please let me know so we can get them on board!

For those who will be competing in this year's Okthrowberfest(and I hope that's all of you!), I'm looking at the deadline of October 25th, Sunday night, midnight. That will give as much time as possible to compete, and for all the prizes to come in for a complete prize list. Will work on the official thread tonight but wanted that date to be out there.

Been over a week and no posts??? I'm gonna do another champ boss dye tonight. I was just messing around with the dye last night and put an Ace Ventura on my Z Buzzz. Did it light just to see how my stencil turned out. Gonna add some of his famous catch phrases on the disc as a punk style wallpaper this weekend.

Keep this post alive! Everyone on here has fantastic artwork!

Attachments

• IMAG2146_1.jpg
    IMAG2146_1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 59
I found this when I first looked up stencils and saved the image, not sure who originally did the artwork. Kudos if anyone knows who it was. Had to do another disc before I do my second entry for Okthrowberfest. This one is fun to see laying on the field!

Attachments

• IMAG2215_1.jpg
    IMAG2215_1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts