• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you do, don't use super glue to mask off areas that you have already dyed. I'm still trying to use acetone to take the glue off so I don't scratch the disc with a razor

To paint with detergent you need to give it lots of time 8-24 hours or more depending on plastic type. Also speeds the process if you can keep the dye moist.

Has anyone heard anything about Dyeing for a Cause 2015? I don't have FB, so I am out of the loop on things like this. But I want to submit something and don't want to miss the deadline (which in the past has been as early as 11/30).

^Just read on facebook that entries are due by the end of the month. For anyone who is not throwing or selling their Okthrowberfest entries, Dyeing for a Cause is a great way to help a family in need and score a new canvas to replace the one you send them. If you don't do 'bookface' you can just look up Hazy Shade on the interwebz.

^Just read on facebook that entries are due by the end of the month. For anyone who is not throwing or selling their Okthrowberfest entries, Dyeing for a Cause is a great way to help a family in need and score a new canvas to replace the one you send them. If you don't do 'bookface' you can just look up Hazy Shade on the interwebz.

:eek::eek::eek: Do you know if that means in the mail by then, or in their hands by then? I really gotta get going!!

One I did for my friend. It is the name/logo of his band. It means Powerless.
TzgSJic.jpg

The skin color is just regular iDye golden yellow.

Last edited:
^Looks good. But a tip for a more skin-like color: use a q-tip to apply red water mix and let it sit for only a few seconds at a time. Then wipe and repeat until it is as dark as you want. I usually do this with red and orange to get a skin color.

^Looks good. But a tip for a more skin-like color: use a q-tip to apply red water mix and let it sit for only a few seconds at a time. Then wipe and repeat until it is as dark as you want. I usually do this with red and orange to get a skin color.

More skin-like? Your comment makes me sad to not have honky skin tones :(

First attempt at dyeing. Champion Tern. I'm a little bummed about the bleed by the tail but a good learning experience none the less.

Attachments

• edited_1447917318999.jpg
    edited_1447917318999.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 83
Just no great place to post this....

Great to see the legend Jeff Ash is back home. Cant wait to see what he brings back to the table.

Do you like 163g Star Firebirds? Do you like Pokémon? Do you like giving to charity? Then this is the disc for you!

You will be able to bid on this in Hazy Shade's Dyeing For a Cause 2015!

Apologies for the crummy dark picture; I'm sure they will take a nicer one.

Attachments

• DyeingforaCause.jpg
    DyeingforaCause.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 157
MVP Proton Vector I dyed for a friend. Definitely still have a lot to learn.

Attachments

• edited_1448509971807.jpg
    edited_1448509971807.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 64
Do you like 163g Star Firebirds? Do you like Pokémon? Do you like giving to charity? Then this is the disc for you!

You will be able to bid on this in Hazy Shade's Dyeing For a Cause 2015!

Apologies for the crummy dark picture; I'm sure they will take a nicer one.

Excellent work, roggen. Reallllly love the white "edging" on some of the hard edges to color, gives a great separation and key to the style. Well done!

it's been a while but this is one I did for a contest winner. zombee logo on an esp buzzz. first time using so much worm dye. the disc is very bright outside.

Attachments

• 12219418_1019881814738507_3712806235230444281_n.jpg
    12219418_1019881814738507_3712806235230444281_n.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 129
Well lads it's been a while since i checked in. I have three that I recently have done in the last few weeks.

The first is my 169 gram Spider. Dyed in a multi color mandala.

The second is a 168 gram Boss. My submission to the Hazy Shade Dying for a Cause 2015.

The third...is a 168 gram Roadrunner. I did the stencil and black dye job. The rest has been left masked for the recipient to add the colors to. I can't wait to see what she does with it.

Attachments

• DSC_8859.JPG
    DSC_8859.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 101
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_8853.jpg
    DSC_8853.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.