• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple o dyes

27826804522_8d05ca013d_c.jpg

27649172630_880bce5028_c.jpg

27826174412_dba7fb6208_c.jpg

All hand cut

1) Bottom stamp star mako - I drew the shark on with sharpie a couple of years ago, and I added the color today
2) Bottom stamp star destroyer
3) Blank fuzion enforcer

Just dyed the Gears of War & yellow & red disc's last night. The GOW is on a Champion Orc & the other is a Champion Tee Devil. The pink & yellow disc is a Axiom Proxy I dyed today. The one thing that sucked was having to peel all the pieces off of the tee Devil starting them with a pair of tweezers! Does anyone have an easier way to get all the little pieces of vinyl off? Next time I think I'm going to try using the scrubbing part of a sponge.

Nice dyes!

As for removing vinyl, I Run the disc under hot water when peeling off the vinyl. Scrub out all dye off the rest of the vinyl or it can smear on the disc. This is my experience.

Just starting out

This is one I did a few days ago. I just started dyeing a couple months ago.

Attachments

• 20160619_134914.jpg
    20160619_134914.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 73
Nice dyes!

As for removing vinyl, I Run the disc under hot water when peeling off the vinyl. Scrub out all dye off the rest of the vinyl or it can smear on the disc. This is my experience.

Thanks! I always run the disc under the hottest tap water I can first & rub the excess dye off with my gloves. Never had the dye smear yet. What I think I'm going to do next time after running under hot tap water is take a soapy sponge & put a lot of soap on it while taking the vinyl off so it doesn't stick back on. BTW after I get all the vinyl off I take near boiling water that I've put in the microwave for 5 minutes & rinse it again. I find that this sets the dye much better & it doesn't fade as quickly, IME!

Well, first attempt. Rums, smears, and off center. Heck, I have finger prints on the bottom.

Star wraith.

Attachments

• 20160630_000837.jpg
    20160630_000837.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 84
I think it looks badass with the"flaws"

Thanks. The bleeds don't bother me as much as the careless smudges I put on it. Looks like I'm going to need to get another wraith so I'll likely try the same pattern again. That one turned out to be really stable. Might have to try a champion next. I've seen some people say they dye better. Or maybe a metal flake. Unless MF doesn't dye right? I'm would assume it doesn't mater as it still has a smooth top.

Edit: just noticed my picture got flipped. Makes it look like, well, not a nautical star...

Clean. How did you get that effect?

Nice work.

I was just trying to copy all those Innova flag spin dyes you see out there since my buddy wanted a 4th of July disc and also wanted that Truth I got in MCO.

Put it on the spinner, laid down a grid of blue and some red stripes of detergent dyes with an eyedropper, and then spun it for 1-2 seconds. I like how the center red line wasn't affected by the spin - gives it a kind of symmetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts