• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part III)

For you roggenb3

2nqqsfb.jpg

Such a great dye.

I have 2 crystal clear Prodiscus discs waiting for me to think of clever ideas like that.

Nice to see you stop in every now and again, Eky.

I'm new to the disc dye game, but I'm quite satisfied with how this turned out.

I exposed this red PFN Pro-Starfire for ~30min in black ProSperse dye solution, heated to just below simmer. My dye mask was cut from Orcal 631; I will try Orcal 651 in the future for the better adhesive since my sharp corners showed a tiny bit of leakage.

The symbol on the disc stands for "Terra Lliure", the slogan of Catalan seperatists as early as the 1970's.
Graffiti example.

Attachments

• starFIRE.jpg
    starFIRE.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 34
^ dude, wth? why not put that up in the Okthrowberfest?

Exactly, I would have voted for it.

It's better (themed) for the competition than the actual winner. I know there isn't a rule that the Octhroberfest dyes don't need to be fall/Halloween related, but I think there should be...

Also, and I know I'll get flamed for this, but, I just am so freaking sick of starwars...

@scottile: Anyway, cool dye!

Exactly, I would have voted for it.

It's better (themed) for the competition than the actual winner. I know there isn't a rule that the Octhroberfest dyes don't need to be fall/Halloween related, but I think there should be...

Also, and I know I'll get flamed for this, but, I just am so freaking sick of starwars...

@scottile: Anyway, cool dye!

" All you need to do to enter is to dye a disc with your interpretation of what you think OKTHROWBERFEST could represent -- the changing seasons, the scariest of Halloween horrors, German beer festivals -- use your imagination!"

Everybody has a different interpretation that's what makes the contest so great and so diverse. Just because you have a different interpretation of what Okthroberfest is doesn't mean you need to dis my interpretation. If it doesn't work for you or you can't see the correlation just don't vote for me.

A couple of my dyes.

Here's a couple of my dyes. Tell me they're purdy.

Attachments

• IMG_20171104_210713556.jpg
    IMG_20171104_210713556.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20171104_210656256.jpg
    IMG_20171104_210656256.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 92
  • 15112322977441202039472.jpg
    15112322977441202039472.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 109
Thanks for the props.
I did not feel comfortable submitting anything that used artwork that was not totally created by myself and contained a likeness of copyrighted characters .

Did not want to raise the attention of the evil empire (Disney) to my "fan art" projects

Nice work Rosslava!

Thanks for the props.
I did not feel comfortable submitting anything that used artwork that was not totally created by myself and contained a likeness of copyrighted characters .

Did not want to raise the attention of the evil empire (Disney) to my "fan art" projects

Nice work Rosslava!

Bro, Gateway mass produces copyrighted artwork, no one's coming after you for Okthrowberfest.

Thanks for the props.

Nice work Rosslava!

Thanks Scottie. Love the Nightmare before Xmas disc.

Latest posts