• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dyer's Guild

Apothecary

Banned
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'm not saying these are the ONLY guys on the site that can dye...but if you want the best results on your commissioned flying artwork, you certainly should harness the talents of the Dyer's Guild members. ;)These guys are vetted, long-term artists who have a great rep and will get the job done right.

Can you dye or know somebody who belongs in the Guild? Feel free to PM me to petition for a spot in the most talented group on the site!:hfive:

maybe we could have frugal group. For people, like myself, who have just started dyeing and don't mind doing them on the cheap (honestly I think its costing me money sometimes...)?

or maybe no?

maybe we could have frugal group. For people, like myself, who have just started dyeing and don't mind doing them on the cheap (honestly I think its costing me money sometimes...)?

or maybe no?

Not really sure how you can do it on the cheap unless you find a good deal on discs. Most of my dyes have been done on discs I use and have only bought 3-4 discs just for dyes (but plan on using the disc anyways). Typically the dye costs virtually the same everywhere and most of us are using the free 3M vinyl unless you already have another lead for vinyl. I've given away one disc but it was for my Mom for her birthday. She's not a DG'er but she is a huge U2 fan and figured it would be a good original gift for her.

That was my recomendation, just public not PM. who knows he may have gotten a PM and not responded.

i remember his work. he got some sick art.

hes never on the site though. the idea with the guild is to have a group of dyers that anyone can contact to commission dye work who are reliable. you should be able to message any guild member and get a response within 48 hours, tops.

personally I use Agent Peebody, but I am a huge fan of Philman :thmbup:
I think Aarikcis a lurker now, I am not sure he is off the site, but I get whay you are saying.

Just trying to get some people into the VIP lounge, those threads are boring, we need more people. Plus it helps the site.

this is an elite group. believe it or not, some dyers are better than others (for a multitude of reasons).

the net-benefit, though, is a pool of viable candidates that you can trust to do a gift, a thrower or a set for your club.:)

If your work doesnt cut the mustard, you wont get in.

I'm in! When do I get my engraved sword? Can you put both my dgcr and pdga numbers on the handle?

Bennett please. We do quality work here and etch it into the blade. Seriously man. lol

Of course -- using ControlTac vinyl to mask the blade and apply the etching compound...to be rinsed with GooGone and COLD water!