• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The effect of Disc Golf on your "relationship" or lack thereof

ReedyCreekProduct

Birdie Member
Okay, let's hear all about it folks.

Does disc golf harm your relationship with your significant other?

Does disc golf better your relationship with your significant other?

Does disc golf come before even bothering to want a significant other?

Does a great round of throws out in the fresh air make you feel.....uh....."frisky" towards your significant other?

Has Disc Golf ever broken up one of your relationships?

Is your significant other completely supportive of your Disc Golf pursuits?

Do you have one of those awesome significant others who loves the game too?

------------------

Right now the woman in my life is pretty supportive. I introduced her to the sport by having her walk with me through Reedy Creek while I played. I think that did the trick. She doesn't care to play it herself, but she gets why *I* play.....

I am in the :

Your significant other completely supportive of your Disc Golf pursuits boat

She will go out and play once in a while when the summer comes around. Love her...

She used to not like it at first. She now likes to watch me play. I still can't get her to play, but I am working on it. She likes some courses more than others. On Sunday I am playing at one of the courses she likes, and then we are going out to dinner in the area.

so many times i have opted for another round rather than a social event.
i miss my ex, whom introduced me to disc golf; she knew what was up.

Excellent valentine's day question...hint hint. :rolleyes:

I'm lucky, my wife used to play but has not since her car accident. She has complained on occasion, "I'm a @%*(!^g disc golf widow", but it was good natured. She has seen how much getting back into the game means to me, how it brightens my outlook on the world and helps me keep fit. She walks with me sometimes while I play and enjoys the companionship and being in nature. As long as I keep working hard to pay for plastic, travel, tourney fees, membership fees and the bills at home then the benefits justify the costs.

Don't forget to bring her coffee in the morning if she likes coffee. That is some of the best advice I ever heard and took to heart so I'm just passing it along.

Is your significant other completely supportive of your Disc Golf pursuits?

Do you have one of those awesome significant others who loves the game too?

------------------

I fall into the category of a supportive wife, and oh how I wish she would play the game with me, but she had a bad fall several years ago, and now cant bowl, golf or play tennis anymore. Sometimes however, she does walk with me while I play. It's good times.

My wife likes disc golf and considers it exercise. I like disc golf and consider it a nice break from exercise.

I can't seem to find the time to be in a relationship between work and disc golf!

My wife use to always complain, "All you think about is DG!" and I would be like, "....ANNNNNND???..."

I think she would get out and play with me and actually enjoy the sport if she could throw it farther than just 60 feet (max!).

My wife is only 5 foot and weighs about 45kilos. She gets "fuss-trated" when she sees me put it out to about 350 and it takes her about 4 throws to get it even close to that. It frustrates me even more when I dont have a wife that is just as crazy about DG as I am!!!...Arrrrgh.... (But she's HOT and that makes up for her lack of DG skills!)

Sometime last year I had to have a serious talk with my parents about why I wasn't dating- they were afraid I got aids or something (lol even though it's not funny). I had to explain to em about how I was focusing on dg and unless I found a girl that was down with that I'd be rolling solo. My dads reply was something like f'n dumbazz. Lol
I do now have a gf that's super hot. I sat her down once we starting getting serious and told her how dedicated I was and my dg goals for the upcoming year. She said it's cool and shed be down to walk a course but there's no way she's going out in two feet of snow like my dumbazz;)

me = disc golf
wife = facebook

Same boat. The only difference is that she doesn't play facebook and then log into facebook and search threads about facebook. As soon as the weather breaks and we can get the little one into the ATV jogging stroller I'm going to get Mrs. bcr123psu out on the course...though I have my doubts that she'll play more than once or twice. :(

We do everything together. You would think we would want to kill each other but somehow we have not and usually get along quite well.

What's this "relationship" thing of which y'all speak? And why are so many disc golfing wives injured to the point they can't play any more? I see this far more than I would expect.

My wife has come to peace with my addiction to playing and buying. She tried to learn to like disc golf, but it never caught on. Also, I tell her I love her more than I love disc golf, and she knows how much I love disc golf, so that means a lot!!!