• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The First Disc You Owned?

DiscGolfDan1

Bogey Member
What was the first disc you owned? Where did you get it?
The first disc I owned was one I bought from my brother. It was a MR Vector i bought it from him for three dollars it was also his first disc. What was your?

I bought two disc's to get started. A 172g S-Sabre and a 172g G9i Wizard. I still have both of them too. I finally retired them to the wall after 8 years of play.

I bought a Red DX TeeBird at the gas station near to course I first played. I still have that disc, but it been beat to hell. Its a wall hanger now, probably has over 10,000 throws on it. It was my only disc for about a year or two back in 2003. I cant believe how long I went without a putter, or really understanding the game for that matter.

Funny to see my phone number of where I grew up as a kid.
imgp1447.jpg

My first discs were a CE Valk, CE FB, CE Eagle and CE Leo all max weight and bought at the same time from a local disc monger that used to be set up at hole 1 of my home course. He sold each one to me for $12 each brand new, oh how the times have changed.

I don't remember, but the first discs I do remember owning are a shark and P&A. My brother got me the Shark and got me playing. Once I knew for sure I liked it I picked up the putter. I think that at the time the fastest disc on the market was a Cheetah or Gazelle so the natural progression was to get a putter to improve my short game since the disc speed wars hadn't begun.

Maybe that explains why I've never been caught up in throwing the fastest thing out there.

Champ Coyote, next disc I ever bought was an 11x Roc... I had no clue what it was but everyone told me it would make me really good.

Dye Champ Orc, DX Leopard, and Aviar P&A all were my first from Dicks. Yes, I got ripped off

I purchased 2 DX Teebirds and 2 DX Aviar P n A almost 4 years ago from MC Sports in Champaign, IL. One set for me and one set for my girlfriend. I still have the girlfriend but not the discs. I recently came full circle and started throwing Teebirds again. Still one of the best discs ever made IMO.

I had a bunch to start out with since a buddy of mine would fish discs out of a pond and give them away on the regular.

First few discs I owned that I actually used:

Main Driver: DX Banshee
Fairway Driver: DX Viper
Midrange: Pro-D Drone
Midrange: Aurora MS
Putter: DX Shark (lol??)

I still have all of them except for the Shark which I gave away.

The disc that really changed disc golf for me though was also given to me, my buddy gave me a 167 Star Wraith one day on the tee of hole 18 at Belmont park. I ripped it and parked it, he told me I could keep it. 1 year later I got my first ace on that disc and was hooked. Started playing every single day and doing everything I could to progress. I still have that same Wraith in my bag. :eek:

I really just wish I had gotten more into it back when I first started playing at 16. I look at how much I've progressed over the past 2 years and how much a difference 8 years would have made instead of 2.

All Champ
Valk
Coyote
Aviar

Lost the Valk at Westy.
Still have the Coyote
Sent the Aviar to some poor guy that lost his bag a year or so ago on here.

Latest posts