• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] "The Flow"

Are people still liking this disc now that it has been out for a few weeks?

I have had mine for over a week now and the weather has been most uncooperative. I was able to hit a course before the snow flew but there were was only two legitimate holes I could use it on. Of the four shots I took, two were perfect, one was acceptable, and one had too much nose up. I was able to take it out to a field for a few minutes the other day to open it up, and I was pleased with the results. Yet I did not have enough time to figure out the perfect lines to really impress me that this is worthy of buying more. I was able to squeeze out 15 or so more feet than my Halos. I bet it would be the same as my Z Nukes, but I was strictly throwing Halos, Rivers, and this Flow that day. I can say that despite only eeking out a few more feet, I liked the lines better and was able to do so with far smoother releases and lower power.

2 things came today
1 is exciting the other not so much
ok Exciting: opaque pink 168 Opto Flow
mmmmmm
not so exciting: -8 Celcius and 4 inches of snow

so yeah...maybe I can throw the Flow in 5 months

on a side note
to Hoey and Marshallstreet
wow, I ordered on the 8th and got on the 16th
that might not seem great but considering it usually takes 3 to 4 weeks for me to get discs that I order this is really impressive
also the price for shipping was cheap

sooo quicker and cheaper than some of the other retailers I have ordered from
great work!!

oh, yeah, the Flow looks super nice as well

Are people still liking this disc now that it has been out for a few weeks?

I have had mine for over a week now and the weather has been most uncooperative. I was able to hit a course before the snow flew but there were was only two legitimate holes I could use it on. Of the four shots I took, two were perfect, one was acceptable, and one had too much nose up. I was able to take it out to a field for a few minutes the other day to open it up, and I was pleased with the results. Yet I did not have enough time to figure out the perfect lines to really impress me that this is worthy of buying more. I was able to squeeze out 15 or so more feet than my Halos. I bet it would be the same as my Z Nukes, but I was strictly throwing Halos, Rivers, and this Flow that day. I can say that despite only eeking out a few more feet, I liked the lines better and was able to do so with far smoother releases and lower power.

It is a disc i will have to break in before i can give a definitive answer, just like when i started throwing Rivers. If Flows follow suit, they will get better with age.

Also really want to throw a light flow (165 or under) and compare the weight spectrum.

got out for a couple rounds today and these flows have me sold. i had two drop ins on holes im usually at least 50 feet shy of. these things just stay in the air and on a line for a long time. on top of the great distance i also have great control over this disc. latitude continues to kick innova discs out of my bag.

discspeed, here is a shot of the opto with the debris embedded in the plastic. im really not concerned with it since the disc seems to perform just fine but its a shame such a nice looking disc has that blemish.
IMG_1851.jpg

That's not a bad assessment, though I think it's a little faster than a Wraith.

I could see that. Kudos to Clearwater for the ridiculously fast shipping. I ordered the 9th, shipped out the 10th, the 11th was Veteran's Day (no mail, I believe) and I had it at noon the 12th. DiscNation is only 3 hours from me and it took an extra day from them.

I got 2 pink 175 Optos in the mail and they are very pretty discs, super domey. As far as flight characteristics I would say they fly alot like my Z Nukes with more glide/loft. I threw them in a head wind and tail wind and was impressed on how they hold there line. The Opto plastic can feel slick but I got a good release on them pretty consistently. Not sure if they will find a place in my bag but time will tell. On another note I got a 172 GL Striker and that thing is absolute money, throws like a beat in 11x with more glide, its going in the bag asap.

got out for a couple rounds today and these flows have me sold. i had two drop ins on holes im usually at least 50 feet shy of. these things just stay in the air and on a line for a long time. on top of the great distance i also have great control over this disc. latitude continues to kick innova discs out of my bag.

discspeed, here is a shot of the opto with the debris embedded in the plastic. im really not concerned with it since the disc seems to perform just fine but its a shame such a nice looking disc has that blemish.
IMG_1851.jpg

That's a pretty big piece of whatever in there. If it makes you feel any better, most of them have little imperfections like that. Looking at mine here, they all have either the popped bubbles on the rim, or a spot or piece of something. Mine are opaque pink though, so it's not as noticeable. They fly like magic though, so I don't mind. I have 2 silver swirly goldlines (175g) and I can't believe how grippy that plastic is. It's by far the grippiest GL I've felt.

got out for a couple rounds today and these flows have me sold. i had two drop ins on holes im usually at least 50 feet shy of.

I like hearing this, especially from someone who has been able to get out for a few rounds, something I have not been able to do recently.

However, I am always nervous when I hear someone say that it added so much distance to their throws, hitting spots they never thought were possible before this disc. I heard that with the Boss, the Katana, and most recently with the Nuke.

I can get all three of those discs out of 400'. That seems to be my plateau. I have a walking x-step so I am sure that if turned it into more of a run I could squeeze out more distance, but the reason I have a walking X-Step is to keep myself from pulling something or injurying myself. I enjoy sitting at the 400' foot plateau because most holes do not require that kind of distance anyway. While I am a very healthy 34 year old, I am sure that I am on the threshold of my distance slowly declining.

I love my Z Nukes and they are definitely the longest discs in my bag, but with clean form I can almost get my TeeBirds and Rivers out there as well. That is what I am looking for in the upcoming year. I want to maintain distance while lowering the impact on my body. The added bonus to using less power will hopefully also be consistency at that distance.

So my ultimate question is, will the Flow by this disc? I will still use the Z Nuke for flexing S-Curves, that is how I get maximum distance for the least amount of impact, but there are times where that line is not available. I get good distance out of my Star Valkyries and on calm days I actually turn to TeeBirds and Rivers. For those who have been able to beat in a Gold Line Flow a little, do they still flip up out a slight hyzer, flip up enough to fly straight without flipping over?

However, I am always nervous when I hear someone say that it added so much distance to their throws, hitting spots they never thought were possible before this disc. I heard that with the Boss, the Katana, and most recently with the Nuke.

I can get all three of those discs out of 400'. That seems to be my plateau. I have a walking x-step so I am sure that if turned it into more of a run I could squeeze out more distance, but the reason I have a walking X-Step is to keep myself from pulling something or injurying myself. I enjoy sitting at the 400' foot plateau because most holes do not require that kind of distance anyway. While I am a very healthy 34 year old, I am sure that I am on the threshold of my distance slowly declining.

I love my Z Nukes and they are definitely the longest discs in my bag, but with clean form I can almost get my TeeBirds and Rivers out there as well. That is what I am looking for in the upcoming year. I want to maintain distance while lowering the impact on my body. The added bonus to using less power will hopefully also be consistency at that distance.

So my ultimate question is, will the Flow by this disc? I will still use the Z Nuke for flexing S-Curves, that is how I get maximum distance for the least amount of impact, but there are times where that line is not available. I get good distance out of my Star Valkyries and on calm days I actually turn to TeeBirds and Rivers. For those who have been able to beat in a Gold Line Flow a little, do they still flip up out a slight hyzer, flip up enough to fly straight without flipping over?

my primary distance driver prior to this was a wraith but my teebirds and rivers get more use and i really dont sacrifice much distance even though it takes less effort. ive thrown nukes and katanas with pretty nice distance results but the consistant accuracy isnt there. also, in order to get that distance out of nukes id have to put anny on it. with the flow, its just easy. this disc can do just about anything you ask it to and achieve the same or better distance. i can get real nice turnovers or dead straight shots that land flat with goldline while the opto flow gives me straight shots with a slight fade at the end. for me, the flow feels better in my hand than some of the larger rimmed nuke, boss, katana type discs and it just seems easier to throw.

The ones I saw were kinda in between silver and grey.

I think the lightest today is 168g and the main part from the first run was between 170-175g.

Regards
/Tomas
Latitude 64°

It looks like it´s a spot from the barrel of the machine. Usually it´s burned plastic that have stucked in the barrel too long. Of course do we try to remove discs with to many or big spots, but some suckers can pass by :|

Most people try to get rid of their 'Roits ;) Also; there are lots of 167s around.

I like the riot, feels good in the hand. Haven't thrown one yet, but a 167 would nice. I cant even find them online in any "findable" color much below 175.