• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Saw her throwing Defenders all the way back in May at Masters Cup, and she wasn't hiding anything. She's definitely got a head start.

I believe it was the USWDGC where I saw her (on camera) throwing a Marshal on an approach shot. Didn't even rub off the stamp...

That's what I thought' and this is a face-saving announcement. NBD, AFAIC.

Looks like Paul McBeth himself has debunked this.

Now which Adidas shoe holds up best when playing DG? (Serious question, there)

^ not to say she was wrong for throwing DD when under contract for Prodigy but behind closed doors who really knows what the bad blood was coming from. .... Jerm made a point last night saying they needed 90 days notice before end of contract so im guessing she might have missed the date at the end of 2015 and they automatically made her sign for another year.

That last part might well be part of the problem.

I'm just glad it's over and Paige Pierce can move along and have a great career with DD (and Trilogy if she decides to). I'm rooting for her.

Interesting. Is this bag produced by Grip with Innova branding or is another company developing it?

From my understanding, both the Hero Pack and the Proto Pack are both "made by" Innova. However, obviously they have Injection Molding machines, but their clothing, hats, and towels are made out-of-house. I don't know that they have the means to manufacture bags in-house.

The Hero Pack is almost stitch-for-stitch an Academy Magellan with a few improvements, and I've only seen one Proto Pack in the wild, but it does appear to be a damn near identical copy of an AX15. Who is actually building them, though? I'm not sure. But from the articles I've read and the one interview I heard concerning their new bags, I think they are using the same company that is making their standard shoulder bags. (The Competition, DISCarrier, and Deluxe) Again, that is not strictly an "Innova" product, but an outside partner who does cloth goods. However, I primarily used an Innova Competition bag for almost 10 years and it held up as well as any Grip, Lat, or even UPD bag I've owned and better than the DD and Prodigy bags I've seen friends using. That Innova Comp bag has thousands and thousands of rounds and aside from sun-fading and dirt, is still just like brand spanking new! So, I trust their partner in manufacturing for Grip/Academy designs.

She's only rated 958? (This is correct, I double checked on the PDGA site...just surprised me)

She talked at the end of the 2015 season about her biggest goal to be the first 1000-rated female. The glass ceiling is real!!!

(PP was last rated at 960 - Cat rated at 966 for 2016)

She talked at the end of the 2015 season about her biggest goal to be the first 1000-rated female. The glass ceiling is real!!!

(PP was last rated at 960 - Cat rated at 966 for 2016)

Interesting, I guess sending Cat to Europe as their premiere female pro was the right choice.

Interesting, I guess sending Cat to Europe as their premiere female pro was the right choice.

Wait, you think .06 rating points is a statistically significant difference? We all get it, you're pro Cat anti PP. You don't need to find any more talking points.

BTW, while PP may have been the donkey in the Prodigy thing (no evidence mind you) I'd hang out with her way before I'd hang out with Cat, based on their video personas in interviews. Turns out being a donkey to Prodigy doesn't mean you aren't a pleasant person.

Wait, you think .06 rating points is a statistically significant difference? We all get it, you're pro Cat anti PP. You don't need to find any more talking points.

BTW, while PP may have been the donkey in the Prodigy thing (no evidence mind you) I'd hang out with her way before I'd hang out with Cat, based on their video personas in interviews. Turns out being a donkey to Prodigy doesn't mean you aren't a pleasant person.

I never said anything about hanging out with them, nor did I say I was Pro-Cat.

Besides that I still think PP is a skilled player, it's just my opinion that she handled this whole deal with no class.

Some people have been pointing to Prodigy's choice to send Cat rather than PP as one of the catalysts for her leaving, and that it was justification of such.

My point is that it was Prodigy management's choice between two great players and they went with Cat, she's just as good or (maybe) even better.

Paige should have realized that and come to terms with it.

That goes back to my point, that if she wasn't happy with that choice and then decided to no longer be a good spokesperson for the team that went out of their way to recruit and support her, then it's my OPINION that she handled it all wrong.

I realize some of you don't care and think I'm dumb, but oh well.

Try pulling something similar at your job, when they send Bob to the conference instead of you and see if you still have a job.

Do you listen to what falls out of your mouth?

She wanted to leave the company and it wouldn't let her. She then wanted to get "fired" and the company wouldn't let go. Rather stupid on part of Prodigy to not cut ties--the company's best FPO player openly in revolt and it insists on keeping her from signing elsewhere--not going to get any good publicity on that front.

You keep trying to insist that in some "real world" (as opposed to some "fake world" of disc golf?) that she'd suffer consequences of being fired--despite her not being an employee--when she was very much trying to get released. She wanted to "get fired." So that would have been a very good thing, despite your repeated insistence to the contrary.

The company was preventing her from moving on and she responded in a fashion that provided it with real consequences for its bad behavior. It could have cut its losses and moved on, yet didn't.