• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Some of the best putters I have ever seen have wobbly putts. My guess is that she learned to putt on older baskets not designed to catch the 100 mph straight spin putt.

Steve Rico's putt makes me think the same is true for him - aren't they both SoCal?

Older, softer putters (more warped) thrown slower are more likely to be seen to wobble in flight.

KJ has 2 top 10 finishes in ES events so far this year. Definitely a drop off so far. I didn't dive in enough to see if that is a function of him not playing as well as last year, or if the competition is simply stronger this year.

Definitely stronger competition.

K-Jo's rating is 1 point better than it was this time last year, and it's been within a 5 point window since then. Actually he's been remarkably consistent, in the 1030-1039 range since late 2018.

So he's the same old KJUSA. But the competition certainly seems better to my eyes, with more folks in the mix every week. Don't have time right now, but I'd like to pull numbers on what average round ratings were required at each tournament to win, get into the top 10, etc. For 2021 vs. 2022.

Definitely stronger competition.

K-Jo's rating is 1 point better than it was this time last year, and it's been within a 5 point window since then. Actually he's been remarkably consistent, in the 1030-1039 range since late 2018.

So he's the same old KJUSA. But the competition certainly seems better to my eyes, with more folks in the mix every week. Don't have time right now, but I'd like to pull numbers on what average round ratings were required at each tournament to win, get into the top 10, etc. For 2021 vs. 2022.

Absolutely right here.
This year through Portland Open he's averaging 1030 rounds.
Last year through Portland Open he was averaging 1031.
Last year from Portland Open through DGPT Championship he averaged 1037.

We'll see if he's able to have the same uptick in play on the back half of this season.

Latest posts