• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Emac just said on the Understable Minds podcast that DD has already signed 2 pros and are just waiting to announce it. Joel Freeman and Gavin Rathbun? Total guess.

According to U-Disc, Hammes has a Dominance Index of 22.49 so he would be a great pickup for any company.

In other news, what the heck is the Dominance Index?

Seriously though, I would think Discraft would do everything they could to keep Hammes.

https://udisclive.com/world-rankings/mpo

From that link...

"What is Dominance Index?

Dominance Index is a way to directly compare two players."

Unfortunately, my copy and paste lost images within the text so I just copied the very basic answer. Someone with better skills can probably copy the whole answer.

I took a screenshot.

picture.php

Last edited:
From that link...

"What is Dominance Index?
Dominance Index is a way to directly compare two players."
Unfortunately, my copy and paste lost images within the text so I just copied the very basic answer. Someone with better skills can probably copy the whole answer.
I took a screenshot.

Yeah, I had already read U-Disc's explanation of Dominance Index. It was a sarcastic question..."what the F is Dominance Index!" :D

I would be interested in seeing how U-disc comes up with each players' number.

Yeah, I had already read U-Disc's explanation of Dominance Index. It was a sarcastic question..."what the F is Dominance Index!" :D

I would be interested in seeing how U-disc comes up with each players' number.

I figured you probably did. But, just in case, now it's there for everyone to see. :D

And, yes, knowing how they get that number would be interesting.

According to U-Disc's explanation of the Dominance Index it only works for Head to Head matchups between 2 players.
I kind of like the idea of it, but there is not a whole lot of match play going on these days.

According to U-Disc's explanation of the Dominance Index it only works for Head to Head matchups between 2 players.
I kind of like the idea of it, but there is not a whole lot of match play going on these days.

It works for multiple players, but the formula for using it is way more complicated.

It works for multiple players, but the formula for using it is way more complicated.

Wouldn't it be basically the same? E.G. for four players:

P1 (probability player 1 wins) = D1 / (D1+D2+D3+D4)

Or am I oversimplifying it?

Most often natural variation on which side of the basket you putt from is enough, so unless your course is on completely flat ground across all the holes, I see no need to mess around with basket heights. A severely raised backet will lead to more layups. (not by the pros but we arent talking about the pros only are we).

re: specific topic, Low baskets just look and feel stupid IMO.

Last edited:
At the outset (prior to Prodigy having close to a full line) there were Prodigy players throwing other discs with wiped stamps, I don't think there was any claiming they were Prodigy discs going on though- more of a "don't ask, don't tell" type thing. This was not the first incidence of that sort of thing. I played with one of Discraft's top players in the late 90's who had an old roc in his bag with no stamp and the words "roll bitch" on it in sharpie.
You got to play with Steve Rico? Cool!

And here I thought a "Dominance Index" was a medical procedure us guys had to get when we turn 40

I could see Oakley and Infinite being a good match. He'd be solid doing product review type videos for them.

I'm curious to what the 5 or 10 year plan is for Infinite though. They are basically taking Discmania's place under the Innova umbrella. You'd have to assume they encourage their sponsored players to throw their molds, but allow open bags. That's a good move from a retailer's perspective, because regardless of what they're throwing you carry it and can sell it. If you're filling out your own lineup though won't you eventually want to have your players exclusively throwing your stuff? And will they get to the same point where Discmania did, and get handcuffed by Innova's production?

It just seems like the retailer and disc brand combo will eventually conflict itself as things grow. Dynamic sold other brands online for a while then went exclusively trilogy. I've not been to one of their shops in person, but others have indicated they carry non trilogy brands in store though.