• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Brian earhart on reddit:

so maybe college AND a new sponsorship?

My guess is, if she wants to be the FPO face of a disc company and compete and win, she'll still be a full time touring pro.

She has the chance to make much more than most college graduates out of school for their first ten years.

My guess is, if she wants to be the FPO face of a disc company and compete and win, she'll still be a full time touring pro.

She has the chance to make much more than most college graduates out of school for their first ten years.

With online courses she can tour and attend college if she wants. I am guessing she will get a nice contract and then College can wait but I do hope these pros take some money management courses.

The knowledge acquisition component of college can happen at any time and through any medium as folks have noted. But there's a personal formation and maturation aspect that only happens in person and with your peers. If that's what she's after, then now's really the only time. Being on campus at 29 with a bunch of 19 year olds doesn't carry the same potential for personal growth. The experience simply isn't the same even if the credentialed outcome is.

Let's see how it plays out.

We must have gone to different colleges.

Could be. I went to Davidson and chose it largely on the strength of the learning community.

To approach it from the assumption that you're not going to get anything substantive out of those years of personal interaction, then I'd tell her not to go, at least in person. It would be almost foolishly counterproductive not to take full advantage of her skill for the sake of a mere credential she can certainly acquire at any time and without interrupting or compromising her earning potential.

This is all assuming that college is specifically in play as a competing priority.

Lol....the merits of in person collegiate learning and what each of us may or may not have got out of it, set aside. I don't think any of us know Ms. King (perhaps setting MJ aside) and we shall assume, that she will make any decision based on what she believes to be best for her.

Maybe she can parlay her skills into a contract, that provides for tuition assistance or scholarship? That might be an interesting angle on sponsorship. It is could essentially be a different version of McBeth, seeking longevity in the disc golf world, beyond his productive physical years.

DD is listing the dagger, harp, felon explorer and the enforcer as Ricky signature discs

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Full Lineup of Ricky Sockibomb Stamps on the DD shop: Felon, Harp, Enforcer, Explorer, and Dagger.

Some contract details: 4 years, $4 million, matching Pauls average annual value. There's also additional incentives on top of that.

He will also get a $250,000 signing bonus paid out in bitcoin.

In addition to the Sockibomb line of discs that will include new molds, he will also have his own bag line and potentially a cart line as well.

All reported by Ultiworld.

One huge reason is taxes. Ricky gets taxed at the current value of BTC and has to pay in cash. Then if he loses money on the transaction he is stuck with capital gains losses capped at $1500 per year.

Yes, I dabble in crypto so I understand... but I have to think the guy who worked with an agent and got a 4 year / 4 million contract would understand what he's getting here.

So assuming that he agreed to Bitcoin, the statement 'Bitcoin? lol' reads more like an insult/slight... which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing. I just asked why they felt it was not a good thing.

Paraphrasing: "We paid him a million a year, because that's what McBeth gets paid."

Great reasoning.

Hopefully Wysocki can move as much product as Paul.

Plus he's starting his own foundation?

Hello tax shelter.