• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Did Nikko join Dynamic or is this leftover stock from him being with Westside? https://dynamicdiscs.com/products/n...MIqY_fu4ie9QIVpYZ_BB1UFge2EAEYASADEgICHPD_BwE
8451-2_600x.jpg

i have seen chris on one of the practice rounds with uli and jerm and even in the jomez putting comps and he seemed like he could ham it up. KJ gives me that bro vibe, which i my age i tend to avoid. i understand how sponsors would lean more toward the bro vibe over laid back though.

Jerm do you know how to open velcro quietly?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something tells me Innova has been setting us up the whole time and is still going to make some big signings and give some players big money. They're just waiting for the dust to settle and letting everyone else have their little moments. Think about what has happened so far this off season. We've all spent just as much if not more time talking about Innova and what is happening there than we have been talking about the new companies their former team members have signed with. Chris Dickerson to Innova makes a lot of sense. He could easily step in and take the abandoned Invictus, rename it and make it his sig disc to replace the fx-2.

Quote me on this…
Innova will NEVER, EVER pay ANYONE the kind of money Ricky and Paul got.
(At least as long as Harold, Dave and Jonathan are in charge.)
That's why Ricky is with DD and Paul is with DC.
They would probably give Chris a better deal than Prodigy (as long as his signature discs sell).
Not casting aspersions on anyone, it's just NOT their business model.

Makes you wonder how much Climo has made from all his years with Innova. :confused:

Don't get me wrong. Things have changed. The game has blown up. The Champ was the right guy, but came along at the wrong time money wise. The game wasn't read for big $$$$$$.

But damned if Innova didn't sell a fecal ton of discs with Climo's name on 'em.

Makes you wonder what Climo got from all his years with Innova.

Don't get me wrong. Things have changed, and the game has blown up. The Champ was the right guy, but came along at the wrong time money wise. The game wasn't ready for big $$$$$$.

I think it's cool that tons of players who never heard of Climo will continue to find his discs out on courses for many years:)

Is it wrong to assume Dickerson is going to innova based on how he plays in Rock Hill and Charlotte ?

Makes you wonder how much Climo has made from all his years with Innova. :confused:

Don't get me wrong. Things have changed. The game has blown up. The Champ was the right guy, but came along at the wrong time money wise. The game wasn't read for big $$$$$$.

Pretty sure Climo has his name on every single stock Champ Teebird, Eagle, Firebird, KC Pro Roc and Aviar, and Star Wraith. I think he STILL gets paid every time one of those sells.

Pretty sure Climo has his name on every single stock Champ Teebird, Eagle, Firebird, KC Pro Roc and Aviar, and Star Wraith. I think he STILL gets paid every time one of those sells.

Good for him! For 12X, I hope he has residual income for the rest of his life.

If you want any of Dickerson's Prodigy discs or apparel, look at his stories on Instagram. Dude is trying to wholesale everything.

Going to be weird to not see him throw his Super Mario dyed discs.

I actually heard a couple of years ago (from what I consider a reliable source) that Uncle Sam had went after Climo for not paying taxes on all his winnings back in the day when the game was invisible. In exchange for "bailing him out", Climo sold his royalty rights on his signature discs back to Innova.

Who knows really, but it's plausible. I could see someone back then not claiming disc golf money on their taxes, for sure. It made me a little sad to hear. Guy really did bridge the gap between the old school and modern eras, and was undeniably an all time great regardless of someone's thoughts on the "GOAT" stuff.

I think Chris is a lot stronger of a player than KJUSA. KJ is very inconsistent. Chris' top level is higher than KJs as well

I actually heard a couple of years ago (from what I consider a reliable source) that Uncle Sam had went after Climo for not paying taxes on all his winnings back in the day when the game was invisible. In exchange for "bailing him out", Climo sold his royalty rights on his signature discs back to Innova.

Who knows really, but it's plausible. I could see someone back then not claiming disc golf money on their taxes, for sure. It made me a little sad to hear. Guy really did bridge the gap between the old school and modern eras, and was undeniably an all time great regardless of someone's thoughts on the "GOAT" stuff.

but really we know he was/is the real goat

How far and fast we have come from pro disc golfers needing only worry about playing disc golf. I think some may have a strong preference still to just throw discs and try to win some tourneys.

Everyone consider what they do for a living. Now imagine your income was more dependent on social media's opinion of you than your actual job performance. No real point, just a thought that crossed my mind. :)

Everyone consider what they do for a living. Now imagine your income was more dependent on social media's opinion of you than your actual job performance. No real point, just a thought that crossed my mind. :)

Im a HS teacher, at this point if that were the case I wouldn't be salary but making about $5.50/hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk