• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I'm one of these old guys who doesn't care what text or pictures are on my Discs (I actually am most giddy for really weird looking misprints that look cool), but I also am totally cool with people who collect Discs and follow pros too. Happy to see our best players finally not have to sleep on couches and live in Winnebagos! Happy to see fans who are passionate about the game. I can keep throwing my Pro Leopards and XT Aviars and Z-Heats like an old fart. Win-win all around. We play the best game in the world!

My issue with Holt's videos is that the title will say something like "Hit more gaps" but the video will be him playing a round of disc golf and buried somewhere in there will be a very short tip on hitting a gap.

Yeah. I sort of felt cheated by the few vids that I watched on purpose.

This is how his gaming videos went. It's just his style.

Discmania Media Partner 2017-2019
Team Discmania, Ambassador 2020-

Hmmmm, no dog in the fight?

Yes. I dont care what particular Lat64 plastic a specific DM plastic corresponds 1:1 to. I trust them when they say its not 1:1 same as Lat64. I know DM plastic types and know which of them I like.

Not saying Lat64 is inferior. I dont have enough experience with them to have an opinion.

I have 10+ years of experience with DM plastic though. Obviously I will support the brand, but not by putting another brand down. And if I dont like a specific mold or plastic, I will say so.

I guess I don't understand why people are getting bent over Latitude molds showing up in Italian plastic. Champion plastic has changed a handful of times over the last 20 years. There were a handful of conspiracies floating around when CE was discontinued, but like all the other changes it probably boils down to availability from the suppliers.

Jussi sounds like did his due diligence finding plastic blends to his liking. Given how Latitude assisted with getting the factory set up they've had exposure to this Italian plastic. Not that much of a stretch for Tomas to say hey, this is really nice plastic. How about we kick in and go halfsies on bulk orders so we're getting better pricing?

To me at least that makes way more sense than crazy ideas that Latitude bought DM out or the new DM facility is really Latitude's and they're producing everything for DM. It sounds like eventually DM will be producing their Evolution line in house also…big picture planning for something like this was road mapped out a couple years ago.

Like what was said about all manufacturers increasing production, the equipment isn't cheap and not a fast process to get up and running. If I had to guess when DM was in talks with Latitude prior to the Evolution line this was part of the conversation.

I guess I don't understand why people are getting bent over Latitude molds showing up in Italian plastic. Champion plastic has changed a handful of times over the last 20 years. There were a handful of conspiracies floating around when CE was discontinued, but like all the other changes it probably boils down to availability from the suppliers.

Jussi sounds like did his due diligence finding plastic blends to his liking. Given how Latitude assisted with getting the factory set up they've had exposure to this Italian plastic. Not that much of a stretch for Tomas to say hey, this is really nice plastic. How about we kick in and go halfsies on bulk orders so we're getting better pricing?

To me at least that makes way more sense than crazy ideas that Latitude bought DM out or the new DM facility is really Latitude's and they're producing everything for DM. It sounds like eventually DM will be producing their Evolution line in house also…big picture planning for something like this was road mapped out a couple years ago.

Like what was said about all manufacturers increasing production, the equipment isn't cheap and not a fast process to get up and running. If I had to guess when DM was in talks with Latitude prior to the Evolution line this was part of the conversation.

Have you seen people "getting bent" over Lat using the DM plastic? I don't recall seeing that in this thread, more just general interest and information seeking.

So where do yall think Dickerson will go? Discraft or Innova seem most obvious. It would be really neat to see him land with Kastaplast or another smaller company but I'm not so sure they could pay him what he's worth

So where do yall think Dickerson will go? Discraft or Innova seem most obvious. It would be really neat to see him land with Kastaplast or another smaller company but I'm not so sure they could pay him what he's worth

Ian from CCDG suggested (pretty much stated as fact) that he's going to Discraft on a reddit thread within the last few days.

I'm torn. I honestly don't think Innova will have any big signings, but I think they'd be a decent fit. He could just play and not focus as much on the social media aspect…which would probably mean less money…but I think they would both be ok with that.

Discraft makes sense because apparently they have money if they were trying to sign Ricky. Same type of situation as Innova, enough big names where he could just play and not worry about having to be the main player. After hearing Uli talk about making deals specific to the player I think they'll find something that appeals to him more than Innova, although personally I'd like to see him sign with Innova.

Bummer, and pretty silly. Innovation and forward thinking seem to be two qualities Lat/DM share, so it seems natural they would continue to partner up/share ideas.

Yeah, it kinda sucks but you'll always have people making up their own crazy ideas to believe.

With Innova having posted their whole team a good while ago I really really dont think theyd sign a new name right now. Of course if a low hanging fruit would come along never say never, but...

Last edited:
I hope Eveliina and Henna really commit to the US tour this year. . .i guess their contracts are now way near Kristins, but it could be if they do well in 2022 and that life changing money at their age

A lot of the east TN shops have taken down their Discraft wall because they straight up haven't been able to get discs for the last 2 years. If Dickerson did go to Discraft, I wonder if they would make more of an effort to get discs to this part of the country.

Another idea that some people around here are floating (I don't think that means anything, they were all blown away that he left Prodigy) is that he partners up with Phil Arthur.