• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Bet I can make it barrel roll lol.

I've got the disc for you. Actually two of them. When I started I bought a cheap basket off Amazon that came with three "golf discs" by Triumph sports. The putter is actually pretty good. The two identical drivers not so much. They have about a 1.2 cm rim that is completely flat. No shape at all. Anything more than the mildest throw and they barrel roll. I've actually glued them together to use for exercises.

PS: I nicknamed them WTF1 and WTF2.

Last edited:
Fact: Mango Berry Popcorn is the #3 seller at the Popcorn Factory. Carmel Popcorn and Cheese Popcorn are 1 and 2.

This was my favorite part of that entire press release:
" For instance, in the golden age of Nokia all the shells for company's phones were manufactured in the same area."

Who the F$%k are clash discs?

Precisely why Nikko's a good fit for them.

He's one of the biggest names in the sport, and instantly recognizable the second you see him. He's outspoken, and not afraid to push an agenda (i.e. not all players like to actively push plastic).

Looks like their gonna let him throw a mixed bag, so win/win.

I guess Nikko is lucky that so many companies keep popping up, he's got nearly an endless list of bridges to burn going forward
It's really hard to argue against this.

Hopefully the deal works out well for both parties. First thing that comes to mind though is the confusion in naming. The company is named Clash…an Axiom disc name, although OOP. A plastic blend named Steady…current DGA putter, and disc named Mint…current manufacturer.

Honestly even though the link is to Clash's website, at first glance of the pic I thought Nikko signed with Mint. Disc stamp has that larger than anything else.

Obviously a company with just a couple discs will have to let him play mixed bag. It sounds like they're interested in Nikko's input on future molds, which I think would be mutually beneficial as long as the relationship stays on good terms long enough to get that far.

One year and six figures seems pretty huge for a brand new company. Any of our European friends here have any insight on the company? Their website mentioned being in the same area as some of the plastics manufacturing for the old Nokia phones, but doesn't say specifically they were involved in some capacity.

I still can't wrap my brain around why he hasn't partnered with Gateway. From my understanding they've been busy with the Covid boom also, they're looking for all kinds of employee hires. I'd imagine any extra cash is going into expanding capabilities like a lot of other companies have done, so there might not be a lot of extra money sitting around for a guaranteed contract. That's ok, make it a higher cut for disc sales then…would potentially be a gamble for Nikko but I don't think anybody would argue that promoting Nikko like crazy would be less effective than their virtually nonexistent current marketing. Let him continue to play open bag…take the couple actual Gateway molds he does bag, do a big run in a nice plastic blend, take the time to design a dope stamp, and they'll sell.

They've always had the best baseline putter plastics, and the wizard, magic, voodoo, and warlock are all legit putter molds depending on what you're looking for. Their premium plastic blends are now on par with everybody else…seems like they're finally away from individual runs of whatever leftover mystery plastic they could buy for cheap. They've got a couple of legit faster putter/approach type discs as well as a solid mid lineup. Their drivers were always a crap shoot though between random retoolings and mystery plastic blends but I think they've got things where they want them and have left everything alone for the last couple of years.

Definitely enough newer players out there who don't know anything about the older Gateway inconsistencies, a solid push to establish themselves again would probably help out a lot. Obviously Discraft was a lot bigger than Gateway at the time, but they did the exact same thing when they signed Paul and Paige…breathed some fire into a company we all thought had peaked. No doubt Nikko has some fire to breathe, and his impact won't be as large as Paul's but would definitely be a boost for Gateway.

This was my favorite part of that entire press release:
" For instance, in the golden age of Nokia all the shells for company's phones were manufactured in the same area."

The shells for those old Nokia bar phones were indestructible. *inserts visual meme of phone case protecting the ground from the phone* This could be sum durable a$s plastic.

Hopefully the deal works out well for both parties. First thing that comes to mind though is the confusion in naming. The company is named Clash…an Axiom disc name, although OOP. A plastic blend named Steady…current DGA putter, and disc named Mint…current manufacturer.

Honestly even though the link is to Clash's website, at first glance of the pic I thought Nikko signed with Mint. Disc stamp has that larger than anything else.

Obviously a company with just a couple discs will have to let him play mixed bag. It sounds like they're interested in Nikko's input on future molds, which I think would be mutually beneficial as long as the relationship stays on good terms long enough to get that far.

One year and six figures seems pretty huge for a brand new company. Any of our European friends here have any insight on the company? Their website mentioned being in the same area as some of the plastics manufacturing for the old Nokia phones, but doesn't say specifically they were involved in some capacity.

I still can't wrap my brain around why he hasn't partnered with Gateway. From my understanding they've been busy with the Covid boom also, they're looking for all kinds of employee hires. I'd imagine any extra cash is going into expanding capabilities like a lot of other companies have done, so there might not be a lot of extra money sitting around for a guaranteed contract. That's ok, make it a higher cut for disc sales then…would potentially be a gamble for Nikko but I don't think anybody would argue that promoting Nikko like crazy would be less effective than their virtually nonexistent current marketing. Let him continue to play open bag…take the couple actual Gateway molds he does bag, do a big run in a nice plastic blend, take the time to design a dope stamp, and they'll sell.

They've always had the best baseline putter plastics, and the wizard, magic, voodoo, and warlock are all legit putter molds depending on what you're looking for. Their premium plastic blends are now on par with everybody else…seems like they're finally away from individual runs of whatever leftover mystery plastic they could buy for cheap. They've got a couple of legit faster putter/approach type discs as well as a solid mid lineup. Their drivers were always a crap shoot though between random retoolings and mystery plastic blends but I think they've got things where they want them and have left everything alone for the last couple of years.

Definitely enough newer players out there who don't know anything about the older Gateway inconsistencies, a solid push to establish themselves again would probably help out a lot. Obviously Discraft was a lot bigger than Gateway at the time, but they did the exact same thing when they signed Paul and Paige…breathed some fire into a company we all thought had peaked. No doubt Nikko has some fire to breathe, and his impact won't be as large as Paul's but would definitely be a boost for Gateway.

I ran into Dave McCormack on a course recently and asked how Nikko was doing. Dave made it sound like he was trying to help Nikko get a deal done but that Nikko was really keep himself busy with things.

He could have been easily avoiding giving details if the deal was already done, but it's possible the deal was completed in the last week as well. I didn't want to pry too much, but I also found it curious that he didn't resign with Gateway. When he was with them before, he played a mixed bag, which Dave was in full support of. I agree that it would be a great way to advertise the brand and reach more new players that are seeing all of the big signings being done right now. Maybe Nikko wanted something different?

I ran into Dave McCormack on a course recently and asked how Nikko was doing. Dave made it sound like he was trying to help Nikko get a deal done but that Nikko was really keep himself busy with things.

He could have been easily avoiding giving details if the deal was already done, but it's possible the deal was completed in the last week as well. I didn't want to pry too much, but I also found it curious that he didn't resign with Gateway. When he was with them before, he played a mixed bag, which Dave was in full support of. I agree that it would be a great way to advertise the brand and reach more new players that are seeing all of the big signings being done right now. Maybe Nikko wanted something different?

Is it possible Nikko is going to a "mixed" sponsorship? At one time Drew Gibson was sponsored by Infinite and Legacy (Legacy even created the Phantom Warrior for him). Some pros get multiple sponsorships when one company doesn't have enough molds for them to do a full bag....so Nikko has signed with Clash and the majority of his bag probably has to be their discs, but his contract may leave an opening for him to sign with another brand for discs that Clash doesn't have.

In the DGN All-Star interview yesterday, it sounded like he was going to have a line of discs either from Clash or Gateway. He was going to putt Gateway, for sure.

Is it possible Nikko is going to a "mixed" sponsorship? At one time Drew Gibson was sponsored by Infinite and Legacy (Legacy even created the Phantom Warrior for him). Some pros get multiple sponsorships when one company doesn't have enough molds for them to do a full bag....so Nikko has signed with Clash and the majority of his bag probably has to be their discs, but his contract may leave an opening for him to sign with another brand for discs that Clash doesn't have.
Lol...if history repeats itself, Nikko probably won't throw much of any Clash plastic and the sponsorship will flame out in a a year or two.

Saw a video today and Nikko said he would have deals with Gateway and Clash, which makes way more sense. Between the two he may have a full bag, but I bet he still has some favorites from other manufacturers he will throw.

Latest posts