• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Ben Callaway will be sticking with Team Discraft and Team Ledgestone. Tomorrow at 6:00 CST he is introducing his own personal brand. Fresh logo with Z Zones, ESP Buzzz, ESP Zones, and special run of CryZtal Glo Raptors along with hoodies, polos and hats.

If you've noticed during the tour, Ben has always been supporting his fellow team members wearing Hailstorm, Uli, McBeth hats, so it's cool to see him with his own now. The hats with the new logo and the sweatshirts with the Neon Bar light logo look fantastic.

Ben is a great guy. It was nice to see him tour this year and I am excited for him that he will be touring again in 2022. Definitely going to grab a hoodie and a hat to support a local making a go at touring.

Very cool. Can you post a link of provide a source? Or do we just need to wait until tomorrow?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fbcdg09%2Fposts%2F1353069491864843&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="752" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

So with EO and Infinite being official now…

How long before we see one of the OG DM molds rebranded as an EO tour series disc of some type? Eagle had an EO in the bag video on his YouTube channel back in 2016, looks like P2's, MD3's, FD's, CD2's, FD3's, and PD2's. Lot of the Infinite models are fairly close to those already, so who knows?

Just seems like enough time has passed since the DM/Innova split and with EO having thrown a lot of the originals that it would be the perfect opportunity to start working those molds back into circulation.

I'd also like to see some videos with EO and Feldbeard together throwing Infinite plastic. The Beard's videos are always entertaining…equal parts super nerdy dg mad scientist, dry sarcastic humor, and kinda all over the place.

Infinite just announced that Eric Oakley will be sponsored by them for the 2022 season

I know he has to be complimentary of his new sponsor, but to say things like "it feels great to be valued", I do wonder how much the relationship soured with DD. We may never know and it may be as simple as a brand not willing to take a risk and let him branch out more, but i still do want to know. I am old enough to confident enough to admit I like gossip.

I know he has to be complimentary of his new sponsor, but to say things like "it feels great to be valued", I do wonder how much the relationship soured with DD. We may never know and it may be as simple as a brand not willing to take a risk and let him branch out more, but i still do want to know. I am old enough to confident enough to admit I like gossip.

Maybe the issue is that his social media presence wasn't good enough for Dynamic Discs and he wasn't placing high enough in tournaments for them to continue giving him the money they were. Maybe he said, "look, my wife has this business making/selling WhaleSacs and I spend a bunch of time helping her...so I don't have extra time to spend on making videos, etc"

Maybe the issue is that his social media presence wasn't good enough for Dynamic Discs and he wasn't placing high enough in tournaments for them to continue giving him the money they were. Maybe he said, "look, my wife has this business making/selling WhaleSacs and I spend a bunch of time helping her...so I don't have extra time to spend on making videos, etc"

Sure, it is probably something as simple as that...but I want salacious details.

Sure, it is probably something as simple as that...but I want salacious details.

Yep....honestly, it would be nice to hear the 'Why' of pros switching. While it's not necessary and I do get that they don't want to totally bash their ex-sponsor as they may someday go back to them (should never burn your bridges)......it would be nice to know the general reasons. But it might even be in their 'separation agreement' to not say the why's.

I like Infinite, to bad i can't shop there anymore….but OTB works fine, strange.
But Infinite loosing all the European buyers may not have hurt them much

Can infinite really pay players that much?

I like Infinite, to bad i can't shop there anymore….but OTB works fine, strange.

I guess since they are the current biggest DG retailer and the past 18 months have been gangbusters they must have some money to spend.

I don't think it is just about the pay (it's a big part, but not everything). Most brands require their players to only use their discs - for example, Eric had to throw only Dynamic Discs when he was with them. With Infinite, it's only a portion of Infinite's discs....you are also allowed to use any other discs that Infinite sells - and be 'co-sponsered' by another brand that Infinite carries. Look at Drew Gibson when he signed with Infinite. He also signed a contract with Legacy and they created a disc for him (Phantom Warrior which was based on the Rival). So a sponsorship with Infinite Discs might be more lucrative since you can throw pretty much any disc AND get additional disc brand sponsorships.

The thought of more mixed bag pros is fun, but has anyone used a kamado style grill?

Agree they need to hold back a few bucks from signing new players, to spend on a decent server or inventory program, or whatever often makes their site trashy load.

I am NOT commenting on infinite's website content, that's nice and helpful. It just won't load at times.

Agree they need to hold back a few bucks from signing new players, to spend on a decent server or inventory program, or whatever often makes their site trashy load.

I am NOT commenting on infinite's website content, that's nice and helpful. It just won't load at times.

Every time i try to go to their site I have to make sure my internet didn't go out when it takes 2 minutes to load... I always thought it was on my end - glad I'm not the only one!

The thought of more mixed bag pros is fun, but has anyone used a kamado style grill?

Using a barrel style grill and a firebox. The firebox actually started as a small tabletop grill until I bought the full-sized barrel.

Oh, on topic (I guess :rolleyes:)
Oakley's move might have been the worst kept 'secret' in disc golf history