• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I love in videos whenever somebody asks Calvin what he's throwing, and it's one of his halo destroyers. from what I remember he ALWAYS is like "yea it's a great overstable driver" but never says "oh yea this is my 2021 tour series halo destroyer, which you can purchase from the innova proshop". kinda like how drew wouldn't say buzzz

That would make sense if you could actually purchase them from the proshop, but 99% of the time you can't.

Calvin says almost exactly what you say he doesn't in his takeover of Eagle's Vlog at DDO. 7 minutes in. *shows driver* "Product placement. Calvin Heimburg Tour Series Halo Destroyer. (where can people find them?) Probably your local retailer or the Innova Factory Store."

But you're right that he's not a salesman about it. That's why we love him. :hfive:

LOL I do recall that one, and now you're making me wonder if I made up that he doesn't usually sell it like that the majority of the time..... agreed though, calvin wouldn't be calvin if calvin was more like ricky

I love in videos whenever somebody asks Calvin what he's throwing, and it's one of his halo destroyers. from what I remember he ALWAYS is like "yea it's a great overstable driver" but never says "oh yea this is my 2021 tour series halo destroyer, which you can purchase from the innova proshop". kinda like how drew wouldn't say buzzz

I think the fact that Heimberg doesn't push product is 100% his personality and not because he doesn't like Innova.
Not to say that he won't jump to another brand. :D
I'm pretty sure if he switches to another company he will be the same way.

Terry Miller: "You were really crushing your Nuke today Vinny!"
Heimberg: "Yeah, whatever the Nuke is a great overstable driver, yawwwwn"

And also, good for MJ. I bought a sig series Comet in 2018 just because of how genuinely nice of a person he seemed to be while I was watching guys tee off on hole 1 at Ledgestone.

And also, good for MJ. I bought a sig series Comet in 2018 just because of how genuinely nice of a person he seemed to be while I was watching guys tee off on hole 1 at Ledgestone.

Always feels good to support good people.

I don't view DD as a has been company as they have still grown tremendously over the last two years. I do believe their lack of a true big time star hurts them.

Mix in the fact that none of their best players are really good at the social media game and they have some real catching up to do. Of course Eric McCabe is solid with social media but he doesn't really play competitively anymore. Melton and Clemons are very likeable but they just don't hit the top of the leaderboard enough to move the needle for the newer fans.

Signing a top four player would seem like a no brainer for them. Ricky Wysocki would be a huge get.

I don't view DD as a has been company as they have still grown tremendously over the last two years. I do believe their lack of a true big time star hurts them.

Mix in the fact that none of their best players are really good at the social media game and they have some real catching up to do. Of course Eric McCabe is solid with social media but he doesn't really play competitively anymore. Melton and Clemons are very likeable but they just don't hit the top of the leaderboard enough to move the needle for the newer fans.

Signing a top four player would seem like a no brainer for them. Ricky Wysocki would be a huge get.

They're biggest talent is overseas. As is their manufacturing so I guess that makes sense.

I'm really hoping Calvin moves to DD, it would be fun seeing how his bag would shape up.

Not really though. Nike's manufacturing is in China, and most of their star power is in the USA
You can't really make that jump. Nike is a company from Beaverton, Oregon. They started making running shoes in Oregon. After they became successful (and manufacturing trends moved toward overseas production) they moved their manufacturing to Asia. Their corporate offices are still in Beaverton. That scenario is nothing close to anything any disc golf company has experienced. It's apples/oranges.

Latest posts