• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Dave right now, probably. Knowing he will sell just as many destroyers with or without Ricky and how much he saved on his contract.

Real question - will Philo or someone on team champion get the bump to Star with two spots opening?

Attachments

• 0F1EA69B-CCBE-4205-9EB2-6DA8CD62BC4F.jpg
    0F1EA69B-CCBE-4205-9EB2-6DA8CD62BC4F.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 117
Wasn't there something McBeth mentioned about a lack of clarity with tour series disc sales numbers? Could that play into it?

It wasn't a lack of clarity, they flat out would not tell him how many of his discs they sold.

It wasn't a lack of clarity, they flat out would not tell him how many of his discs they sold.

Wasnt just that, he was getting commission of $X/disc, so when they just give you $Y, the numbers just didnt add up. I remember him saying that after he got his name on the destroyer, his salary didnt change much. Especially not the amount it should have given the popularity of the destroyer

New post from Kona

"In 2016, Innova chose to sponsor me, an unproven 17 year old amateur from Colorado who was new to competitive disc golf. Then, our family moved to California and I jumped all-in to the sport. I quickly found friends, began to tour, and for the first time in my life I felt like I discovered my path—for now at least—through disc golf. My family and friends at Innova have contributed so much to the competitor I am and it's difficult to say in words how grateful I am. They've supported me—through the highs and lows—to become a professional competitor. But life is about growth and new experiences. So, I've accepted a new opportunity to grow as a player and a person. Stay tuned in the coming days, I can't wait to share with you."

Mason Ford also signed on to Dynamic Discs for two years.

I def think its the newer wave of players. When i first started playing i thought KC stood for Kansas City and could not have cared less about ken climo. This was in 2000 or so. with social media and our cultural tribal mentality, I can see how people identify with their preferred brand and some times even hate on other companies

I wonder how much this affects newer players vs older players?

I know I never bought a disc in my life because Climo threw it. Or any other pro. I understand fans, but I don't understand imitation just because someone else uses it.

Kona to DD fits the social media theme they have always wanted.
Cat to Infinite

Those are my guesses

Last edited:
Dave right now, probably. Knowing he will sell just as many destroyers with or without Ricky and how much he saved on his contract.

Real question - will Philo or someone on team champion get the bump to Star with two spots opening?

What about Dave creating a clean slate to sell while Disc Golf is at an all time high and moving to a luxury condo in Panama? Not sure if he has said how he intends to leave the company. Maybe could be first disc golf company to create an ESOP.

Kona to DD fits the social media theme they have always wanted.
Cat to Infinite

Those are my guesses

Does Kona have multiple elite series wins? If not, that wouldn't fit DDs announcement teaser.

Genuinely asking; i don't know and am lazy.

What about Dave creating a clean slate to sell while Disc Golf is at an all time high and moving to a luxury condo in Panama? Not sure if he has said how he intends to leave the company. Maybe could be first disc golf company to create an ESOP.
Dave and Harold each have sons being groomed to eventually fully take over overseeing and/or running the business at West and East.

"Introducing Team INNOVA 2022! We couldn't be more excited to ring in the new year than with this exceptional lineup of athletes, representing Innova and this great sport across the globe in the upcoming season.

Stay tuned for more exciting Team Innova news in the weeks to come! #teaminnova

We'd like to thank Ricky Wysocki, Valerie Mandujano, Mason Ford, Andrew Marwede, and Kona Panis for all they contributed to Team INNOVA over the years. We wish you the absolute best in this upcoming season and beyond."

picture.php

"Introducing Team INNOVA 2022! We couldn't be more excited to ring in the new year than with this exceptional lineup of athletes, representing Innova and this great sport across the globe in the upcoming season.

Stay tuned for more exciting Team Innova news in the weeks to come! #teaminnova

We'd like to thank Ricky Wysocki, Valerie Mandujano, Mason Ford, Andrew Marwede, and Kona Panis for all they contributed to Team INNOVA over the years. We wish you the absolute best in this upcoming season and beyond."

picture.php

Just looking at the Star team. . and Eveliina, Henna and Calvin is the "young guns" the others are older veterans . . and "only" 11 players in that team, and a few of them did not play much last year

I wondered if Nathan Queen would have been promoted following DGPT championship but guess they want to see more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk