• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Nikko just announced his new sponsor for 2022.

Northern Chill - Naturally Alkaline Mineral Spring Water... :p He's gonna drink up all the exposure he can right now while he and Cat are seemingly the only big announcements still left.

Nikko just announced his new sponsor for 2022.

Northern Chill - Naturally Alkaline Mineral Spring Water... :p He's gonna drink up all the exposure he can right now while he and Cat are seemingly the only big announcements still left.

I saw this and had a good laugh.

I work at a golf course with a hotel, multiple restaurants and an event department onsite.

We had these guys show up in two big trucks with full wraps on them and two girls in bootie shorts and bikini tops got out and asked all the managers if we would make their water our "official" water on campus.

Not trying to be mean, but Cat could probably use a mid or driver for her putts and have similar or better results. Maybe take the Gibson route and use whatever putter he does.

I've seen old APX's in what used to be called "Elite Pro." They're fairly stiff (especially compared to Soft APX's, pretty much like Pro D.

picture.php

^ not anything at all like Pro D. :|

picture.php

^ not anything at all like Pro D. :|

I was specifically referring to their stiffness and feel in the hand. Ledgestone ESP run not withstanding, the APX universe pretty much consisted of:
Elite Pro
Swirl APX
Soft Elite X
Soft X

If someone wants an APX that has any rigidity, seek out an Elite Pro. It feels closer to Pro D than it does to any of the others.​

I noticed Keiti Tatte, who is planning on coming to the US from Estonia *fingers crossed* is sponsored by Nike. Looks like its an Estonian branch of Nike, but notable none the less.

MVP has signed Trevon Crowe.

If someone wants an APX that has any rigidity, seek out an Elite Pro. It feels closer to Pro D than it does to any of the others.​
That's like saying an if you have an Acura and a Bently, the Acura will be more like a Yugo. :| It might be true, but it's a terrible description. Elite Pro in 2020ish-speak would be comparable to Innova Pro plastic; it's nothing like Pro D.

I actually think Soft X feels a lot closer to Pro D than the old Elite Pro, so we disagree there as well.

We can agree that the swirls were the best and if you got one where the plastic didn't peel you have a keeper.

Also this thread is out of steam and the APX is criminally underrated so I feel no shame pimping here.

I think the big thing we should take away from this whole conversation is that you are wrong. :|

I was sponsored by Discraft for 5 years and APX was my putter. Started off with older Elite X and then Jawbreaker when they were stock.

Still putt with a JB APX while not sponsored. I absolutely love it.

But it's def one of those "I'll never putt with anything else" or "yeah that disc is horrible" type discs for people.

I've always torque monkeyed putters so big bead Aviar/Wizard is more my wheelhouse, but I destroyed my shoulder a few years ago and had to, you know...actually throw. :\ An APX thrown with finesse kept me on the course for about a year and a half when I couldn't throw anything else.

Of course once my shoulder rehabbed to where I could torque monkey a putter I went right back to Wizards. :| If I wasn't a total hack that plays for fun and was actually going to practice, the APX would probably be my putter. As is, it's touchy enough that I screw it up too much. Throwing a Wizard is a lot easier.

Latest posts