• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I just find him annoying.

He had a very heartfelt interview with Upshot talking about his love of commentary and desire to be involved in that part of the game...and then I've been seeing him on these Jomez vids and man, he just doesn't have the juice.

I thought I'd let you all know my official sponsor for 2022 will be Chinet. Yes, I'll be throwing paper plates, finally found something I can turn over.

I'll just borrow Coca Cola's logo for recognizability.

I also have a fax machine ready to get my brand out there.

So pumped for 2022!

I thought I'd let you all know my official sponsor for 2022 will be Chinet. Yes, I'll be throwing paper plates, finally found something I can turn over.

I'll just borrow Coca Cola's logo for recognizability.

I also have a fax machine ready to get my brand out there.

So pumped for 2022!

Heard you're working a deal for a cart sponsor, too! :thmbup:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 49928.jpg
    49928.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 403
He had a very heartfelt interview with Upshot talking about his love of commentary and desire to be involved in that part of the game...and then I've been seeing him on these Jomez vids and man, he just doesn't have the juice.

Yep.

All right! Feel free to use it for disc golf, too. =D

Frisbees aren't for throwing, they're for rolling doobies

I might, never thrown one before and been on the shelf for a couple years with nagging "I'm an old man" injuries plus covid. So hoping to get out more this year

Same, and because of this thread I attempted to read up on NFT for dummies and I've read a bunch on them now and I still don't understand why they are important. I don't understand the value in them.
I think it acts like a certificate of authenticity.
As I understand it, blockchain is a secure technology used to create an online encrypted registry that permanently validates/authenticates current ownership of digital assets. It started with cryptocurrency. This same technology can be used to validate/authenticate ownership and purchase value of other creative assets like graphics, photos, music, memorabilia and artwork, especially those created digitally that don't have intrinsic value like money, i.e., Non-Fungible (NF), until someone purchases it through a broker qualified to digitally lock-in their ownership and purchase price (needed for tax purposes to determine capital gains/losses once sold).

This technology essentially produces a secure digital deed confirming ownership of any type of property, especially digital assets now referred to as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Of course, you can just copyright your creations the old-fashioned way. But turning your potentially valuable creative efforts into NFTs produces a higher level of copyright protection such that your work can be bought, sold and traded with a more secure trail of ownership, authenticity and valuation.
Don't really want to derail this thread too much about NFTs, but you guys are all correct in not fully understanding them. There is merit in the technology, but unfortunately like everything else these days, it's just a way to make money from people who have too much money.

Proper way to use: Artist creates a digital media (music, picture, video, etc etc). This digital file and ownership is then sold with the NFT token (the receipt that proves that you're the sole owner). Creator than WILL NOT sell additional copies that would devaule the digital work.

How it's currently being used: famous person or company tries to sell something not one of a kind and of not any real value, but tries to inflate the value by claiming you own a unique item. They then slightly change the item and resell at the same high price, so the next owner thinks they are getting something unique. (for example these could be in game cosmetic items like clothing skins or weapon skins).

Right now it's just hype and people think they can cash in, but in reality the people cashing are the 3rd party companies responsible for the currency conversions (NFT gas prices).
A lot of the discussion here is about current utility - which is minimal. One of the big problems with NFTs at the moment is the same as the problem with "chip cards" before every business had a chip reader: no infrastructure.

The only place that NFTs are able to really "thrive" at the moment is related to what could maybe be called "simple digital property," such as video clips or images, however over time they're going to expand to represent possession/ownership of a lot of other types of property. Extending into the digital world - in the future they're going to be used as proof of ownership for various digital tools such as features on office apps or weapons in video games. As a part of the authentication process they can simplify the ability to transfer rights - for example: you bought some extensions to MS Office and don't do that type of work anymore, you could sell the NFT to a friend and they could have access to what you bought and be in possession of a proof of transfer.

Eventually, thanks to the ease of transferring proof of possession/ownership, NFTs will be available for use with regard to physical-space property, like real estate deals (if I'm reading correctly at the moment, they may already be there).

Currently we hear a lot about NFTs being used with regard to simple digital property that is easily "copied" - but as the infrastructure grows, the uses will expand into more familiar and harder to "copy" types of property.

So back to the topic that started this whole thread, is there anyone else that has not signed or moved, or got fired, or quit a team that wants to make a deal? I can't recall even a 2 year period where so many players moved around. Exhausting really, after Nikko got fired and DD cleared room for Ricky's deal I kinda tuned out. I took off to the Bahamas for a bit so I really didn't care to follow what was going on back here. No internet and I turned my phone off. Liberating feeling knowing no one can track you down. Anyhow, back here, each week since then someone over at Discraft seems to be signing up everyone they can find. I am sure it's just a controlled release so each player gets a moment to shine for just bit but to my first point, a ton of players moved around this year.

At this point Nikko just needs to bust out a Kickstarter for some cash to fund his own disc line and have Gateway mold them.

And of course being back the fro for 2022. We all know fro Nikko is the best Nikko.

Nikko needs to bust out that Team Disc Mobile again.

I wonder if his account still works on here.