• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

And, it's not like you can just go buy the same discs Simon used to bag. The "originals" aren't exactly original anymore.

"The New Originals" is a Spinal Tap joke, which appears to have been a harbinger for post Innova Discmania.

Who knows how it goes from here?

Having said that, if they made a PD2 clone called the Saucy Jack, I'd buy a bucketload.

Then they could release a Jussi version

Then a "signed" Jussi version

Getting tired of repeating myself: Team MVP players can use bags or carts made by other companies so long as they don't also make discs. In 2020-2022 I rocked a Züca cart or a Grip bag. Simon using a Grip bag is not special.

The rumors were basically true. 10/10, $1 million buyout. A "six-figure" signing bonus. Simon Line coming.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2023...contract-how-it-came-together-and-whats-next/

Thanks for the link!
Good for Simon ...and his family.
Good for MVP.

Lizotte did a kick ass job repping Discmania.
I'm sure he'll do the same for MVP.

Nothing off Discmania, but I kinda get how he could have felt "too much like family" with Jussi and Discmania. He's been with them since he was a kid, and it can be weird having a business relationship with someone you basically grew up with.

Ulibarri had a live stream today that was promoting a dry bag. He fielded some questions, mostly on Simon. But he was asked if he was still captain and is that why he was not mentioned on the Discraft Elite team. He stated he has a big announcement in a few days.

Sorry.

I tried MVP back when the Volt was new, mainly because I loved the look of their discs, especially the Proton art.

I didn't have the arm for them was my conclusion. Amp was nothing understable. Seeing Lizotte rip these will be fun for sure.

Funny, MVP was around for years before building a team. Matt Dollar, Jordan Castro, as initial steps, the boom, Conrad, now Lizotte. Hokom and Walker on the women's team.

How different from how Prodigy went about it.

If there's ever anybody who can settle the "does gyro go further" debate, Simon is a great candidate! not that he's going full power much at all anymore, but it will be interesting to see if there is ANY noticeable change on his distance shots
People forget or never knew that Christian Sandstrom was on team MVP.

Getting tired of repeating myself: Team MVP players can use bags or carts made by other companies so long as they don't also make discs. In 2020-2022 I rocked a Züca cart or a Grip bag. Simon using a Grip bag is not special.

Sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake :wall: