• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Gannon had said that most brands have a disc that gives their pros an advantage, and that the A2 was prodigys best disc that others couldn't match.

For those who don't know the A2, its more OS than a Zone, flatter and a little lower profile.

The PDGA specs for the new MD5 are much closer to that of an A2 than the old MD5 or gator.

Again just feeding the speculation train

For those of you who know Buhr better, what is his signature shot and what is the disc for it? (please tell me about the disc, speed, profile, flight etc, and dont just drop the Prodigy Battleship coordinates for me)

Just thinking what would be the perfect DM signature mold for him I dont know his game all that much, other than the putting is out of this world and he is no slouch in other shots either.

I mean Prodigy and Discmania have the same naming conventions just with the numbers switched for stability: M1->MD5 F5->FD1, etc.

Gannon had said that most brands have a disc that gives their pros an advantage, and that the A2 was prodigys best disc that others couldn't match.

For those who don't know the A2, its more OS than a Zone, flatter and a little lower profile.

The PDGA specs for the new MD5 are much closer to that of an A2 than the old MD5 or gator.

Yep. The A2 is a very underrated disc. It's like an FD3/Felon/Firebird approach disc. Feels nothing like a Zone or Tactic or Harp.

Discmania just got an MD5 approved on 2/13/23, but looking further back to 11/28/22 they got approved 4 other new molds. FD1, CD1, Tailor and the DD1, which could be an answer to the high speed overstable slot. See specs below:

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.5cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 30.75
Flexibility: 8.30kg

The MD5 will definitely be in the pros bags as the OS mid. FD1 is like a Teebird, CD1 is straight to US, and the DD1 is just stable.

casey white said the same on reddit : https://old.reddit.com/r/discmania/comments/111frus/md5_just_got_approved/j8jp0s1/

I'm happy someone so young and deserving/accomplished like Burr will be getting this kind of big deal for being a professional disc golfer this early.

That is life altering money but it also means he doesn't have to sacrifice future career (other than disc golf if ever)... he can skip college and do the pro disc golfer thing and actually have enough after to go to college after.

Hell he can do both now with the way online/in person school options are available, or actually could do this until he pleases and if he manages his money good he'll be making way more so much earlier people do coming out of school and be way ahead of schedule money/career wise.

the last huge contracts for McBeth/Lizotte seem like last big contracts for playing career type of deals... (probably pushing past 40yo by then).... this Burr Contract is a whole new thing... the disc golf is a legit career right out of high school if you're good enough type of career.

That's the thing though, personally I don't think it makes sense for Gannon to lock in for more than maybe 2-3 years at most.

Only way longer would be if there was a renegotiation clause in there somewhere. Gotta figure he's not getting Paul, Rick, or Simon money right now but probably isn't more than a few years from it. Why lock in for 5 or 10 now?

Holding a warbird

t3xi116ezhia1.png

Latest posts