• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

sheep said:
Sheep View Post
I do believe that bobby made a very public statement about his job and the amount of hours he was working effecting his personal life and relationship because he was working 60+ hours a week.

Anyways.

Well as biscoe said, not really relevant But ... let me counter,

Your quotes were (in context) "...[[you] never got a feeling that DD really treated its employee's as well as it should have. Essentially asking a metric **** ton from them but paying in peanuts....," and "...bobby leaving because he was just essentially being over worked. He was either trying to do to much or they were asking so much and it exhausted him."

Either you're misrepresenting or misinterpreting something, because the implication in the original email was that Dynamic Discs (the company) was doing things to not treat Bobby well. Again, I challenge you to attribute any such comment to CDSB. Just because someone may have said something like "my job is affecting my personal life," (your words) that doesn't necessarily equate to the employer not treating them well. I've had jobs affect my personal life when my employer couldn't have possibly treated me any better.

sheep said:
Because DD abuses some of their employees.

Bobby was one of them.

I made the claim that Paige Sheu left because they don't treat her well.
A lot of companies wont jump out and just give you big time raises. they will give you little bumps and then treat you like they doubled your salary with the work load they give or expect from you.

Now DD figured it out with Ricky and put some money down for him and finally figured out how to let their star players, who are relevant still, create discs.

Absolute supposition. Absolute. Ask him.

Appreciate the affirmation.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'll be playing an open bag this season in case anyone asks.

:)

Strange coincidence. I am also throwing an open bag.

That being said, if anyone wants to get the rumor mill going about which big manufacturer will be sponsoring me as an 850 rated MA50 player, feel free.

I will begin my third season of full emotional sponsorship, by the Ann Arbor Area Disc Golf Club (A3). I again will be throwing a mixed bag, but will rarely be caught out of A3 shirts and hat. I did have them put in a laundry clause this season, to prevent the choice of smelling poorly or wearing alternate club gear, for times I fail to plan my laundry day. I have found them to be a terrific fit and I hope to make them proud.

Maybe he is still negotiating. I know he is smart, and is doing what is best for Simon, as he should be.

Maybe part of the deal is he gets to post Aces with Discmania gear and do Discmania in the bag / bag building videos with Eagle.

Maybe he wants to bag a full Discmania bag while on Team MVP.

I thought Ella would pair nicely with Henna or Evelina. Especially with Discmania and Jussi being European.

Holyn and Ella would pair up nicely though. And I wouldn't have to cringe watching them putt.

I'm not saying anyone was gonna beat Kristin many times this year (she was truly dominant). But...

If either Evaliina or Henna putted as well just about any other FPO player on tour, they'd be dangerous.

The fact that they finish as high up the leaderboard as they do, despite missing putts that make us shake our heads, speaks volumes about their strengths off the tee and in the fairway.

Simon just posted on his Instagram playing a local course in DM gear and throwing DM discs. I don't see anyway this is him fulfilling some type of contract. I hardly see any top disc golfers throwing at all right now much less in all their team gear and clearly promoting the company. At this point I would be shocked and confused if Simon was leaving DM. And he was clearly playing in less than stellar conditions, can't imagine DM telling Simon, "you have to make this post!"

Simon just posted on his Instagram playing a local course in DM gear and throwing DM discs. I don't see anyway this is him fulfilling some type of contract. I hardly see any top disc golfers throwing at all right now much less in all their team gear and clearly promoting the company. At this point I would be shocked and confused if Simon was leaving DM. And he was clearly playing in less than stellar conditions, can't imagine DM telling Simon, "you have to make this post!"

Occam's Razor suggests Simon is having fun throwing discs in the last year of his contract. Come 2024 though, who knows.

Why would Simon squash any rumors? That's free publicity and the internet is blowing up over him without him having to lift a finger.

Because Simon ain't Brodie Smith? Because Simon is still under contract? Because these rumors leads to questions about why Simon might be looking to move, bringing to mind the incident with his old buddy-boss who couldn't keep it zipped up, and if Simon intends to remain under contract, and has any sense of loyalty left towards DM or Jussi, I'd think he'd agree that keeping the rumors alive isn't doing them any favors?

I still would be shocked to see him make a move, I want to make that clear. It would be so interesting but realistically it's tough to see it happening.

I will say that what you just posted, at least how I read it, is not quite as compelling for him staying with Discmania. It absolutely could be that he is fulfilling contract obligations. As you stated he is decked in Discmania merch, throwing Discmania discs, outside in crap conditions...I very well could imagine a scenario where, if he has contractual obligations to fulfill and a tight timeline to fulfill them, he is going to have to fulfill them regardless of weather conditions.

Again--I'm not trying to say that this is the golden piece of evidence everyone has been searching for...

I equate the Simon publicity to the "chicken incident" with Alice Cooper... I'm not sure if it was Zappa or his manager but he got a phonecall the day after

"Did you really bite the head off a live chicken?"

"No"

"Well don't tell anyone, everyone loves it"

...or paraphrased but something like that.

The way I look at it is that Simon and Discmania's faith is intertwined. Discmania made Simon and Simon made Discmania. In sports stores in Finland they have huge cardboard cutouts of Simon. He's a very big deal to Discmania. I don't see a scenario where a company offered Simon a deal that Discmania didn't want to match. Simon is worth Paul McB type money to Discmania

Lots of people thought the same of McBeth and Innova - he moved more plastic than anyone over a full decade or more and said 'I don't see myself throwing anything else' in that Innova commercial that ran right up until his DC contract was announced.

Not going to believe Simon is with MVP until the new World Record Distance video is released with him throwing a Fisson Photon in the desert. ;)