• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

but Barsby and JC LOOK like disc golfers. time to ban polo shirts.....:popcorn:

They look like traditional disc golfers for sure. The ones who really grew and sustained the sport until the late 2010's. But I suspect the typical DG'er really buying up the plastic these days may look a little different.

But not as vegan and he is sponsoring meat and bbq.

Someone should tell Eagle to update his research. Recent discoveries from this thread verify, both biologically and philosophically, that eating fish and bison liver indeed confirm he is STILL vegan.
On a side note, eating the miracle food known as meat seems to have already corrected his vision.

Agree. Classy videos from both Simon and Discmania. Simon wanted something new, and he'll have that opportunity now. The exit says a LOT about Discmania and Simon.

It's funny to me that people are wondering how long it will take Simon to learn new discs when he is an expert disc manipulator, at a higher level than most pros. He makes disc do things. He will be plenty fine.

Yep.... he is so good....and smart... and will probably be excited with the chance to go out and learn the new discs and work on something new.

He's going to bring almost every eye to his new sponsor.

Now let the where is he going shenanigans continue.... MVP, Discraft... Infinite..... or did Innova actually decide to go and spend some real money on a guy who moves plastic like no other but maybe McBeth....?

I'll be picking up a one for sure, more if the stamp is an actual Ford Mustang. I mentioned this back when the disc was first launched since the Innova Corvette's first appearance for Bowling Green AMs in 2019 had a C6 Corvette as the stamp. I know there's been Challengers stamped with the modern Dodge on them. The new Innova Charger basically completes the main classic muscle cars, except for the Camaro (though I suspect Finish Line may use that, seeing as they already use the Supra, and it's Drew Gibson's company, {it would make a great 9, 3, 0, 4 disc regardless of who make it}).

FWIW, and not sure how easy its to track one down, but there are Discmania discs out there with Ford stamps, one of which I am pretty sure was a Mustang. Ford is a big sponsor of disc golf in Finland, hence the connection.

He's going to MVP. When someone guessed Discraft, Jordan Castro said no. Then Chris Clemons said, basically, that it would be Infinite or MVP. No reason to believe that Infinite has the cash for $1 million a year, and he said he'll never get to throw the Doom Bird 4 (in a tournament, presumably, as I'm sure he's thrown it off camera).

Agreed, very well done, very emotional and real. Shows who he really is. Wasnt just about money/compensation since he said DM would match them. Just time for something new/exciting

I dont really remember, did Paul put out anything like this? Or was it just your basic Thanks for all the fish Instagram post

As someone that changes discs in their bag every round I play, it doesn't take more than a couple throws to figure out a new disc. He will be fine with wherever he goes. They don't even need understable discs on the first half of the tour which will make it even easier.

IIRC that was precisely the problem with James early in the season. Trying to hammer out the big drives in Vegas etc. and never really knowing how much the disc turns? I remember him throwing those kind of distance driver way off-line to the right because of this

After watching that video, I can't help but wonder if there's another surprise coming. Simon clearly is very well aware of the rumors, yet he didn't announce that it was MVP.

FTR, I do hope it is MVP. JC is one of my favorite players, and I think, if Simon were to join MVP, it may increase JC's social media presence. James doesn't seem too interested in doing it himself (and that's fine), but he also doesn't seem like someone who would balk if all he had to do was show up. And I think the contrasting personalities JC's layed-back hippie vibe and Simon's puppy energy would be hilarious.

Wherever Simon goes, I'm sure he'll still be a top player. All the online comments about learning new discs are kinda ridiculous for a player like him, at his level.

While I have absolutely no business throwing a disc like the Doombird, that video kinda makes me want one, just to have. So, once again, Simon has done his job for Discmania.

My best guess, as I've said before, is that Simon went for the guaranteed salary.
Again, my best guess is that DM could not or would not give him a guaranteed salary to match his other offer.

Kind of poignant to see him lifting that MVP open trophy in his montage, especially if he ends up with MVP.

If it's not MVP then who else? Discraft is already paying Macbeth and Dickerson and probably Brody, so not sure if they'd be able to shell out more money for him. Innova could afford him so maybe so that's a possibility.

Latitude 64 has the European connection assuming he values that. I don't even know who their top MPO player is currently but Simon would certainly be their top guy. I don't know if they're footing any of Ricky's wages though.

Wherever he ends up I'm betting the only thing that ends up taking a beating will be our wallets

Kyle Klein is on the Sky team also. I think that bump was somewhere mid-season 2022, around the same time they started to include him under the Crush Boys moniker.

IMO Niklas Anttila deserves a Sky Team spot also.

Latest posts