• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Inevitable "Your 2017 Bag" Thread

I'll play too. Got a new bag for the cart and this what's currently in it, will make changes as the year goes. The ones with * are essentially fillers that I rarely, if ever, throw, but help keep the others from rattling.
Riptide
Z Flick
Z Predator
X Predator
Z Stalker
Z Undertaker
Z Xpress*
Z XS
Traveler
DX Beast
Star Tern
Icon Mongoose
Elasto Sampo*
Z Hornet*
ESP Impact
ESP Meteor
S Demon
Fossil Wizard
Fossil Wizard
Fossil Fuel Scale
Fossil Serpent
Stego

Last edited:
Reverting to discs I was throwing around 2015ish when I was better at disc golf (was more practiced..)
RHBH/RHFH almost anything in my bag. Throw mostly RHBH off the tee, and mostly RHFH approaches.

K2 Bergs (2 or 3) All putting and most approaching
K1 Berg Hard backhands. Very straight not very long.

K3 Reko (1 or 2) Straight to understable driving putters
K1 Reko (1 or 2) Longer (thrown harder) fade or straight. Holding lines driving putter

Big Z Comet Security blanket. Have been throwing the big Z despite loving/prefering the regular (or walled lake) Z comets. Because the big Z is more understable.

Z Buzzz (2-3) Beat and Fresh. My go to is a beat 10 year. Nuts straight or tracks right beautifully. The reason I don't throw comets a ton anymore.

K1 Kaxe When I need more fade than a Buzzz, or to fight more wind.

D-FD Short rollers that have to go right. Sweet disc

S-CD2 Controlled straight drives or understable duties. Rollers too
C-CD2 (1 or 2) Go to driver for line shaping

Z-Pred (1 to 3) Do everything. One is beat to pretty straight. Big thumbers with these. 70% of my drivers from the tee are probably preds.

K1 GrymX (1 or 2) Control and distance, what more do I need?

K1 Rask BRINGS THE BEEF. Throw it when its windy (slices through like nothing else, even my favorite PD2s...) Skips more than the preds, and goes further on a spike hyzer. Flexes back more predictably at distance too.

Sometimes wonder if I need a more understable max D driver, but they tend to get me into trouble. I can push the CD2 pretty far anyway. Also wondering about something more beefy than the Kaxe. Sometimes bag a Mortar for the wind, but it is pretty slow... thinking of a buzzz os, never tried one...

I love that you throw a Rask, I love that disc and have often considered making it my main driver. It's just a lot cheaper to throw other easier to find discs...

I used to throw all 150s drivers, but the 158 Wave is the last holdout.

Distance:

167 Neutron Inertia: Neutral
163 Plasma Wave: Slightly understable
158 Neutron Wave: Understable, max distance

Fairway:

166 S-FD Jackal: Neutral
167 Tournament Hatchet: Understable
169 Plasma Volt: Stable with reliable fade

Midrange:

167 Fuzion Truth: Neutral, and great for get-out-of-trouble FH annies.
168 400G M4: Understable
170 Lucid or Fuzion Verdict: OS

Putter:

171 XT Colt: Putting
171 XT Colt: Straight approach
171 Medium Harp: OS approach

I love that you throw a Rask, I love that disc and have often considered making it my main driver. It's just a lot cheaper to throw other easier to find discs...

This is true. I have plenty of backups now, and how reliablily it fades I wont loose many. Its a fast disc, so the grip doesnt bother me (I only powergrip max D stuff) and can keep up with my GrymX or any other not flippy for distance. I throw it more and more. Its in the bag because I love it.

Finally finished taking some time to do a bag rebuild and got my setup locked in for the rest of the year (Falk is still being tested but so far so good).

2x Retro Pures

Recycled Pure
BT Soft Harp
Tournament Harp

DX Roc (Beat)
DX Roc (Seasoned)
KC Pro Roc (Fresh)

Neutron Resistor
K1 Falk
Champ Thunderbird (Seasoned)
DX Thunderbird (Fresh)
Fuzion Felon (Seasoned)
Lucid Felon (Fresh)

Lucid Sheriff
Lucid Defender

I'll occasionally throw a Justice or a Berg in as well for fun and depending on the course and weather.

Destroyer
Teebird
Firebird
Buzzz
Shark
Magic
Wizard

My setup has been the same for years. I am looking into getting some more understable stuff. I'm open to suggestions but currently looking at the Shryke and Roadrunner!

Been a while since I did this...

Omega DT x 3 - Putting and Driving
JK Aviar - Main Approach disc

Mako3
Compass x2 - Seasoned and New
Gator

Alpha x3 - I mean it is my disc...Various stages of wear and plastic
Firebird

Trace x3 - Various weights and stabilities
Wraith - beat up for big flips and easy turnovers.
Scorpius - a beefy one

Keeping it pretty simple still. The Alpha, despite being my baby, has surprised me with how versatile it is. No more need to carry a fairway and control speed disc. I luckily have some beat up enough to flip over and haven't needed a super understable fairway lately. I also started using the Compass because it reminded me of a mix between a stable QMS and a seasoned Roc(hint hint at what midrange I want to make with MINT).

Distance drivers
Star Destroyer (2)
Fuzion Sheriff (2)

Fairway drivers
Champion Firebird
Lucid Felon
Lucid Convict
Champion Valkyrie (2)

Midranges
Prime Verdict
Lucid EMac Truth
Lucid Truth (2)

Throwing putters
Pro Pig
DX Rhyno
Gold Line Pure
XT Aviar

Putters
DX BB Aviar (2)

I'm really liking this setup. It covers pretty much every shot. I'm thinking about adding an Enforcer and an Aviar3. We'll see if those two kick anything out of my bag.

Destroyer
Teebird
Firebird
Buzzz
Shark
Magic
Wizard

My setup has been the same for years. I am looking into getting some more understable stuff. I'm open to suggestions but currently looking at the Shryke and Roadrunner!

Shryke is fine. You might look at the Sidewinder, as the Roadrunner might be a bit TOO understable for you, especially at first.

I've managed to stick with the same core bag thus far, which is a switch.

Destroyers ~170 x3 (4x, Avery-era, echo)
Felon 174 Lucid (getting a bit worn)
Undertaker ~174 x2 (Ledgy, FRZ)
Mantis 172 (big Z) and
Verdict 177 Lucid
Truth 176 Lucid (Original McCabe)
Envy ~173 x2 (Proton fresh and worn)
Judge ~173 x3 (2 Classic, 1 blend)

Been hoping to go all DM for this season but there just aren't yet putters that I like. Really hoping to test out the upcoming P3x as well as the MD4.

2x JK Aviar-X - putting
2x Neutron Soft Envy - understable & stable for driving
Jawbreaker Zone - OS everything

2x G-MD3s - understable and straight
Luster MD3 - stable

D-FD - rollers etc
2x G-FD - understable & straight
2x C-FD - straight
C-FD3 - OS

TD2 - very understable
D-PD - understable
2x G-PD - straight & stable
C-PD - stable

S-DDx - for lenght

Best thing about it is that they are all orange ;).

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I have a problem of changing discs and molds almost too often.

I made an Excel Spreadsheet with all my discs, etc. I could go on a rant, but....my current ITB is listed below.

I love too many discs to not throw them. For example I like to carry control drivers. I could do with : Roadrunner, Valkyrie, Thunderbird, Firebird. But I'm also digging MVP stuff : Inertia, Wrath, Tesla, Fireball. Not always needing all of them either. my bag changes almost every week but there are some that are HERE TO STAY

Staying:
Mids- M4,Alias,Buzzz,BuzzzOS - this doesn't change
Fairway - Patriot - always stays
Control - I love the Wrath

Changed my bag slightly from last season. Wraith > Slaidi, OLace > Razeri, Champ SW >QOLS.

Been this all year so far.

Medium Sole
Beat AF Tank
Not so beat Tank
Ultrium Jokeri
Gummy QMS
Tournament Tursas
G* Leopard
Ultrium Respecti
Beat Champ SW
QOLS
SP Rogue