• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

If you struggle while switching to the judge keep at it for a little longer. When I first switched I was really liking wizards but was a fan of Lat and DD already. I had to try the Judges for two months on and off going back to the wizards before that consistency took over. It was always better in small doses but overall it took some months before I sold off the wizards and switched for good.

Now I wouldn't dream of going back to the wizard and when I do throw them I'm off and they feel like thick bricks. Keep at them a while and yes they make great driving and upshot putters. Most people just need some time to adjust because they glide so easily and will overfly the basket a lot.

Ha, I also have a Stingray collecting dust. Part of my quest to find the perfect disc for our two left to right woods holes. I suck at forehand, so I have to turn something. Meteor won that particular battle.

If you struggle while switching to the judge keep at it for a little longer. When I first switched I was really liking wizards but was a fan of Lat and DD already. I had to try the Judges for two months on and off going back to the wizards before that consistency took over. It was always better in small doses but overall it took some months before I sold off the wizards and switched for good.

Now I wouldn't dream of going back to the wizard and when I do throw them I'm off and they feel like thick bricks. Keep at them a while and yes they make great driving and upshot putters. Most people just need some time to adjust because they glide so easily and will overfly the basket a lot.

This is the main reason I like my Spikes so much. They can get there in a hurry but they hardly have any glide so it's easy to fix a mistake if you make one.

I always keep trying Glidey putters thinking the next one will be the one I like. I've tried Wizards,KC Aviars(did well with these,just not consistent),Voodoo's and now the Judges.

I'll keep giving them a shot,but as it looks now my Spikes are the putters that fit my style.

Ha, I also have a Stingray collecting dust. Part of my quest to find the perfect disc for our two left to right woods holes. I suck at forehand, so I have to turn something. Meteor won that particular battle.

Man I just gave one of my buddies a 180 Star Stingray. After years of throwing it she was nice and beat in. He loves the thing.

I tried a Meteor before,but there for a while the Comet beat it out,but now my Fuse gets all my US duties. Man I love my Fuse.

I'll keep giving them a shot,but as it looks now my Spikes are the putters that fit my style.

Man I just gave one of my buddies a 180 Star Stingray. After years of throwing it she was nice and beat in. He loves the thing.

I tried a Meteor before,but there for a while the Comet beat it out,but now my Fuse gets all my US duties. Man I love my Fuse.

That's good you have something else already to fall back on. Just keep in mind that if you go back and forth a lot it will take longer probably. Hopefully you find a spot for both. Never was a big fan of the fuse like most people I know. I have fallen for the classic suspect and VIP Tursas for flippy to straight mids.

That's good you have something else already to fall back on. Just keep in mind that if you go back and forth a lot it will take longer probably. Hopefully you find a spot for both. Never was a big fan of the fuse like most people I know. I have fallen for the classic suspect and VIP Tursas for flippy to straight mids.

Me too man. A buddy of mine the other day kept telling me my putting release is flawless with those Spikes. It's usually a height issue if I miss.

The Fuse is basically a farther flying Beadless Comet. It's one of my most used discs when everything is in the Short Pin.

I've heard good things about the Tursas. I almost pulled the trigger on one just because they had my weight and color I throw.Never tried a Suspect though.

Most people just need some time to adjust because they glide so easily and will overfly the basket a lot.

Yep, one of the reasons I like my Soft judge for approaching so much is on more than one occasion it glided farther than I expected, but went straight at the Pin and either went in or almost did and stayed nearby :)

I had a couple bad putting days trying to see if my hard Judge worked better on the course for putting than my Ion, so I've kept my Ion in my bag. But I love the feel of the Judge even more than the Ion these days when I practice putting at home, so I might give it another try.

I love my Grip line Spike, but my buddy that owns Art Smart's in Milwaukee pulled a Classic and Soft Classic Judge out of his bag last night, and I have to say, the soft felt great. The rim height was pretty comparable to the Spike, as well.

I've got one coming for free (along with the other five production DD discs) from a contest in the next week or so, and I'm really hoping they send me the soft version.

Just got my first serious practice session in with a couple Classic Judges. I have been putting with Pures for a while now and the transition for this session was virtually flawless I'd say. Last couple weeks I got to liking the Zero Soft Pures, so maybe I need to try a soft Judge?

I am sort of at a style of a push putting with a bit of spin. I straddle a lot as well. I am trying to be aggressive and run baskets harder lately, seems to help with clanging so many putts off the front of the basket. The Judge isn't overstable and doesn't have a hard fade, it's real straight and glidey like the Pure, but when it loses enough speed, it falls off to the left, whereas the Pure seems to just keep gliding out straight with almost no fade.

So I'm definitely going to keep working with the Judge and see if it sticks in the bag!

Haha, I am familiar with the Pure as well. To me their flights are similar enough that it basically comes down to whether or not you want a bead.

Haha, I am familiar with the Pure as well. To me their flights are similar enough that it basically comes down to whether or not you want a bead.

That's what I've gathered, but I've been putting like crap with the Pures lately and it gets mental for me. Luckily my cash flow situation will make me stick with them...for now...

Will you guys please stop bumping this thread? I just bought a bunch of Pures and I have a problem with putters.

I'll give you some knowledge to make you feel better. :D

I love my Spikes and I can be pretty Automatic with them with my putting stance and style.

My Pures are also the same way, they work well with my putting stance and style. I'm not as spot on with them as my Spikes,but the Pure's are much much better than the Judge at Putting.In my opinion I should add.

The only difference between the two is the Rim is just a tad deeper than I would like on the Pure and plus the Spike has these awesome grip pads I like so well.

If you like your Pures stick with them as they are some great putters as they helped me make some great putts when I was using them. To be honest The Pure and the Spike are the best putters I have ever used.

This! I've always liked the feel of a bead, just never found a beaded putter that I really liked the flight of, until now, maybe.

Classic Judge....

Got my Classic Judge today, and ran 27 holes at the local 9. Overall, liked the disc. I prefer a putter with a shallow rim, which this has. It held pretty much every line I put on it, and had nice drop on the couple elevator shots I put on it.

I think I would have loved this disc in the soft Classic, AND if I hadn't found my Grip line Spike about a month ago.

I got a lot of nice putters recently. One is a 176g 'classic soft' judge.

If this isn't the best putting-putter for newbs (that's me!) I can't imagine what is. I don't care as much for it as a throwing-putter, but that's fine. I have like 10 other putters I can throw with. Yeah I went nuts no regrets.

Those that love using putters for long upshots, or short drives off tee this is your putter. For a go-to putter, you may want a classic soft or classic and beat it in.

Got my Zero line Pure yesterday, so its time to compare to the Judge. I tend to not like beads, and was putting well with the Pure yesterday, but will see if it can approach nicely. This form factor and feel of Putter is definitely what I like though, so my quest for the 1-2 putters I'll use for a very long time may well be coming to its conclusion (again ;))

Got my Zero line Pure yesterday, so its time to compare to the Judge. I tend to not like beads, and was putting well with the Pure yesterday, but will see if it can approach nicely. This form factor and feel of Putter is definitely what I like though, so my quest for the 1-2 putters I'll use for a very long time may well be coming to its conclusion (again ;))

The 2 I would pick would be the Spike and Pure. :hfive:

Or if you want a very easy approach disc find a 175 Soft Star Wedge. They make a Firm but it's not the same. Wedge is beadless as well.

I'm switching back to the judge. I like how shallow it is in comparison to my ions/wizards. Sometimes the ions hang up on my fingers when the judge doesn't.