• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The KC Pro Whippet

chain-addicted

Banned
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Does anyone on here own a KC Pro Whippet, and if so how do you like it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....

I own a 11x KC Pro Whippet and I hate the feel of the plastic. It is too slick and just feels weird against my fingers. It is sitting in storage in my closet now. However, I do own a Glow Champion Whippet-X that I really like. It is very stable and has a hard finish to the left. Very good into a headwind. I use this disc when I need something in between a Roc and Firebird.

I own a 11x KC Pro Whippet and I hate the feel of the plastic. It is too slick and just feels weird against my fingers. It is sitting in storage in my closet now. However, I do own a Glow Champion Whippet-X that I really like. It is very stable and has a hard finish to the left. Very good into a headwind. I use this disc when I need something in between a Roc and Firebird.

Yeah, I got it the other day and havnt thrown it yet. It DOES feel kinda slick for bein' Pro plastic. Is yours "beat-in" alot?

Thanks for your feedback, and congrats on the "member upgrade"....

No, it is not beat in at all. I only used it in the practice field a few times before I shelved it. I even tried sanding it a little to take away the slick feeling, but that didn't work either. Disc Golf Values still has four (4) of the Glow Champion Whippet-X's I was talking about. I have almost aced five times with this disc since I picked it up a month ago... a couple of skip-bys, hit the cage once and hit chains with a spit out. Here's the link if you are interested:

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=320

I own just a DX Whippet, I'm not really sure if there are any differences in flight, but I throw it for emergency shots, like if I have to get around a tree or something, it works great for that.

I just sold a 10x whippet - that didn't have the slick feel your 11x has, actually felt chalky like some of the glows do. The 11x you have might be late run CE plastic.

I originally got the KC Pro because the the DX plastic chews up too quickly............. definitely a bit of a slick feeling.

Since then i picked up a Champ Whippet on eBay. Now i have a very durable disc for those "meat hook" rescue shots

No, it is not beat in at all. I only used it in the practice field a few times before I shelved it. I even tried sanding it a little to take away the slick feeling, but that didn't work either. Disc Golf Values still has four (4) of the Glow Champion Whippet-X's I was talking about. I have almost aced five times with this disc since I picked it up a month ago... a couple of skip-bys, hit the cage once and hit chains with a spit out. Here's the link if you are interested:

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=320

Do you buy discs from this site a lot? Are the X-outs in decent shape? Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

I throw a DX whippet on occasion, mainly I save it for windy days.

I have the 11x KC Pro Whippet and I don't like the slick feel either. I haven't thrown any other whippets, but my overall impression is that I don't care for the disc too much. In situations where I might want it, I find myself instead using either a flick, banshee, or a viper which I don't have any longer but I liked better. I'd also like to try the drone.

I just got some Star Whippet X discs from Innova through the CFR program (to sell as tournament fundraisers). I throw a Glo Whippet X and love it, but the feel of the star plastic is tempting...

Yeah I was interested in getting a Drone also when I saw how overstable it was....

But isn't the Drone a midrange, where as the Whippet is a fairway driver? I mean, I have a Star Gator so I dont need the Drone at the moment. I thought the Drone was more comparable to the Star Gator than the KC Pro Whippet.

To me the drone is more comparable to a gator and Whippets and Vipers are more like each other as fairway drivers. I throw 90% FH and I like the gator for approach shots on calm days, yet the drone is great in the wind, it doesn't seem to be affected at all. I prefer the Viper over the Whippet.

I love my whippet. I use it for shots right around the 300-320 ft. range where the disc MUST finish right. Seems like the plastic is holding up pretty good so far.

Whippet

Hey Flash86 what kind of condition is that KC Pro Whippet in? and is it candy plastic or regular pro plastic?

I have a KCPro Whippet, and I like it. It is so overstable, I don't use it much, but I keep it in my bag and I'm always glad to have it when I need it. I don't have a real strong arm, so I don't get a lot of distance out of it, but I use it as more of an overstable mid-range type disc when I really need a lot of fade to go around something.

Latest posts