• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Right now I'm filling that sky anny big D slot with a seasoned 167 orange FR Outlaw that's gonna turn 50-60 feet given 40-50 feet height but still come fade back close to neutral thrown into a 10mph headwind at 400'. On a longer throw, either with more height, more wind or my 450' power limit, my light wt. orange will turn and pan out to land flat... love that disc it just took a minute to figure out it likes to be thrown high and flat:thmbup:

That is exactly my experience with this disc and now I only reach for a cannon when I need a big hyzer. The last couple of months is when I noticed I can consistently get more distance out of this disc on that line.

Can we go over the stability of the legend plastic one more time? Gunmetal is the most, & purple is the least? Where do they fall after Gunmetal?

Gumetals are freak overstable, the emerald (green) and Silver (light blue) legend outlaws are more along the lines of a white or blue FR/PR icon, little bit more OS but not too far from the average. I dont have any purples and the navy blue one i have hasnt been thrown yet but it looks domey

Gumetals are freak overstable, the emerald (green) and Silver (light blue) legend outlaws are more along the lines of a white or blue FR/PR icon, little bit more OS but not too far from the average. I dont have any purples and the navy blue one i have hasnt been thrown yet but it looks domey

To add to this: I found the purples to be slightly more OS than the silvers and emeralds (but significantly less OS than the gunmetals). Pretty close to the pink and red FR Icons. I currently use a domey purple for my OS distance slot.

Don't know about blue either.

Most OS to least OS:
Gunmetal
Purple
Silver/Emerald
Slime

Blue??

Thanks for the info. I should have asked the question like this...which run of outlaws is the most under stable. I am trying to add something a little longer then my PD and have noddle arm. I am looking to use the disc for long open field **** where I get the disc to S turn but come back and long hyzer shots. I do not need serious beef.

My opinion is 2nd runs are most US specifically the yellows but that's word of mouth, for me it's a 167 pink 2nd run I took it out of my bag bc it was too flippy, sounds like just what you want

My opinion is 2nd runs are most US specifically the yellows but that's word of mouth, for me it's a 167 pink 2nd run I took it out of my bag bc it was too flippy, sounds like just what you want

My pink 169g 2nd run Outlaw is a straight up bomber, but it pretty temperamental stability wise. A little too much headwind and it will take off to the right with very little fade back. It's beat in a bit, but I'd agree that in general the 2nd runs were the least stable.

Anyone get their hands on the legend run from marlin disc sports... Much softer then any legend I've felt... Will test gunmetal for crazy stability tomorrow

My blue legend has become my go to driver. Nice flex with strong fade finish. Rhbh I can get it out to about 380-400 pretty consistently.

Thanks for the info. I should have asked the question like this...which run of outlaws is the most under stable. I am trying to add something a little longer then my PD and have noddle arm. I am looking to use the disc for long open field **** where I get the disc to S turn but come back and long hyzer shots. I do not need serious beef.

Production purples. Like a different mold!

How are production runs breaking in for everybody? And has anyone thrown a sub 170g production outlaw? I've seen a couple and am wondering if they have the same stability that the heavier whites seem to have.

How are production runs breaking in for everybody? And has anyone thrown a sub 170g production outlaw? I've seen a couple and am wondering if they have the same stability that the heavier whites seem to have.

Missed my edit window...meant sub 170g white compared to heavy white

The one I have is beautiful, max weight and durable as any champion type plastic I've had to date... need a backup

As durable as champion??? Dang, I really like the FR and SR for their grippy soft plastic. Sure it chucks up almost as easy as ESP but those nicks and scraps don't seem to effect their flight. Are they making that stiff icon again?

My heavy white FR needs a lot of flex anny, 400' power, or a decent headwind to keep it from fading like a firebird and my 167 orange FR needs 30'+ height for it to do its s-curve or 50'+ to hold an anny to the ground for big D.

My blue icon production run (174g or 175g cant remember) is my favorite one, only have 1 in the bag at the moment (3 more fresh ones ready to replace) but its always my go to, great glide and very slow turn makes for my most reliable max distance driver. I would debate that they are as durable as some Champion plastic, but pretty close. Although, definitely better feeling plastic that's for sure.

All the sub 170g i have thrown turnover easily, seem to break in faster (more soft/gummy) and i have preferred breaking in heavier ones instead that are slightly more stiff.

Currently i carry all 173g+:

-Red Icon FR thats pretty fresh for my beefy windy day or low skip shots
-White Icon FR thats taken a beating but started out really beefy and still doesnt turn over but holds dead straight with reliable fade no matter how hard i rip it.
-Blue Icon Production run that has a slow turn and more glide but still very reliable to fade at end and by far my most used Outlaw because i can shape more lines with it.
-Blue Icon FR that was the first Outlaw i started throwing and its beat in VERY nicely to turnover easily for me now and holds great max distance anny lines that pan out nicely.

Outlaws were an easy transition from Destroyers for me.

Got an SR White 174g Icon Outlaw earlier this week. Been dying to try it but don't got the time currently to play. I' so damn curious, what can I excpect from this compared to FR amd production with same colour and weight?

Wanna discgooooo so bad:clap:

I recently got a blue legend outlaw that's now the most overstable distance driver in my stock pile. I've been getting Rampages around 425' on decent pulls when everything clicks but the blue legend is lucky to get 380' without some flex or moderate headwind. I could see it being my big wind fighter for a long time considering how little big winds actually blow around here where I'd feel the need to throw a disc that aint gonna flip so it may never beat in.

On the other hand, my FR white is still stable into 15+mph winds so a little hyzer and its gonna fade out hard most of the time. A little turn and a left to right wind keeps it straight in all but big gusts, nice HSS and enough LSS not to flip so it holds its line at my power. I carry it one slot more overstable than a very similar seasoned S/DS I bag on tourney weekends when I might need a bit more carry or a tick less fade.

Latest posts