• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
Speed 12 driver hoped to be released in march 2014 ...pre test flight numbers are 12 , 5 , -1, 3

Approved 2/25/14

21.0 width

174.3 max weight

2.3 rim width

1.1 rim depth

29.0 rim configuration

16.4 inside diameter

Looks like the Destroyer has some more competition! :thmbup:

Looks like DD got beat to the punch for naming their OS driver compliment to the Trespass. I was wondering who was going to get it approved first.

^IIRC Legacy had been designing the Outlaw since September or earlier. I'm a DD hater for no reason, so forgive me here, but when has/have people talked about a DD Outlaw?

I'll give one a shot even though I've only been playing with a Shock/OLF and slower discs all winter.

If destroyers were outlawed, only outlaws would throw destroyers.

Still waiting on the Firebird clone.

Steve Rico probably likes 11x firebirds so much that making a perfect replacement for his bag is especially challenging.

^IIRC Legacy had been designing the Outlaw since September or earlier. I'm a DD hater for no reason, so forgive me here, but when has/have people talked about a DD Outlaw?

I'll give one a shot even though I've only been playing with a Shock/OLF and slower discs all winter.

I can't say a certain date when DD was considering the Outlaw for a name but it's very possible it was after Legacy had considered it. I know Legacy was the first to make it public. The only public mention from DD about it came from Rusco on a podcast 2-3 weeks ago where he explained that the disc they hope to release for the GBO is an overstable compliment to the Trespass and would be called the Outlaw. Obviously that will change now and they'll pick from a variety of other names that could fit their naming scheme.

It's certainly not a big deal unless the mold has been created for it with the outlaw engraving. Even then I'm sure it would be changed or could be prior to a production run. It's a name that could fit both companies I suppose. DD especially with the judicial naming scheme and Legacy had the Bandit already so Outlaw is not outside of the thinking. If I was naming an OS driver for DD I think I'd call it the Gavel. Or the Prosecutor. Maybe I'll suggest that. :thmbup:

Prosecutor was shot down. :| There is already a better name picked though. :thmbup:

On topic now, the numbers of the Legacy Outlaw definitely seem to be a destroyer competitor. I bet it's a good one.

I can't imagine what it will do that a destro/trespass/hurricane/force/lace can't. Ironically, I'm still super excited for the inevitable firebird clone.

Prosecutor was shot down. :| There is already a better name picked though. :thmbup:

On topic now, the numbers of the Legacy Outlaw definitely seem to be a destroyer competitor. I bet it's a good one.

Has to be the executioner, firing squad, lethal injection, or coroner. :)

Has to be the executioner, firing squad, lethal injection, or coroner. :)

None of those but I'm sworn to secrecy. It'll be announced sometime by May. I'm pretty sure it's still supposed to be in the GBO player pack.

I'm excited about this release for sure. I do hope the rim is slightly rounded off though unlike the Rivals I've felt. Thats the main thing that stopped my from buying the Rival was the sharper feeling rim. Just didn't feel like a Teebird. Legacy plastic is amazing though!

I can't imagine what it will do that a destro/trespass/hurricane/force/lace can't. Ironically, I'm still super excited for the inevitable firebird clone.

There are so many threads complaining about Destroyers inconsistent runs and Legacy has been very consistent with their plastic runs. I usually throw Wraiths as my driver and have added a Destroyer and Cannon so for me I welcome another great disc from Legacy. I wish they will make some more patches so I can add it to my bag. Go Legacy.

Latest posts